Votes: 0 0.0%
  • H22 JDM

• B20

• LS/V

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Listen ... the k20a3 doesnt even have true vtec. Do you know what vtec is? Do you know what it does? It just isnt a sound. It is cam lobes and profiling. The k20a and k20a2 have true vtec. Each side of the head has 3 cam lobes with the middle lobe being the high lift and duration lobe. And on the k20a3 the cams are different and so is vtec.In that the cams only have 2 lobes not 3 and each lobe sits directly ober and intake valve and each valve has its own independent rocker arm. Reasearch my friend, Try the search button or something before you make useless posts. And to sum up ... Your k20a3 is gonna be a useless swap for you and to much if a hassle and not enough power for the money like i said the best all motor choice would be the beast but not everyone has that type of money. It takes alot to choose a motor to swap. You can't just go by The horsepower and torque specs. You have to decide our application, usage and what you in the end want to get from the swap.

jeff at import builders provides a better all motor setup. but hey, what do i know. screw all the work and money on a k series. my personal opinion though. maybe in 10 years i'll do one. lol.

holy shit that beast thing gets 30mpg?!!???
dam my car only gets like 22, and the fuel system is pretty much stock...
They must of baby'ed the hell out of it...
also that thing comes with a warranty. I dont know what the terms are, but for 12 grand, they better honor the warranty when I blow it up with 10 miles on it..!!!!

Sorry guys,
My vote is for the B16A.
Gotta love that short stroke....
Nothing revs like a SiR II.
Install a stroker kit or bore it out and there's your torque.

just my .02

Originally posted by adnoh@Nov 29 2004, 08:08 AM
Sorry guys,
My vote is for the B16A.
Gotta love that short stroke....Nothing revs like a SiR II.

just my .02
[post=423537]Quoted post[/post]​

:blink:

That's retarded. The B16's geometry is best left stock. And by NO means is a B16 EVER a better motor for NA than a B18c. Never.

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Nov 29 2004, 11:37 AM-->
@Nov 29 2004, 08:08 AM
Sorry guys,
My vote is for the B16A.
Gotta love that short stroke....Nothing revs like a SiR II.

just my .02
[post=423537]Quoted post[/post]​

:blink:

That's retarded. The B16's geometry is best left stock. And by NO means is a B16 EVER a better motor for NA than a B18c. Never.
[post=423597]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorry, early morning, didn't catch that error.

But still, in my opinion, the B16 has my vote. From the research I've done over the years, and owning both a B18C1 (stolen) and a B16A in my EG, when money is not an issue, one does not have any more potential than the other. I just felt that the SiR II better suited my driving style, so therefore (to me) my prefrence for the better N/A motor. I would choose an SiR II over a GSR or a Type R any day of the week.

Also, are we talking in stock form here or like...maximum potential, or overall power....what is the criteria???

I didn't vote, because the insight engine wasn't posted.

This thread is like bench racing, meaning worthless.
'nuff said.

RA004E, 3 litres, V10

Formula 1 engine. You did say the best all motor honda engine. :D

Back