best all motor setup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

effreak

i got a 89 civic and want to do a swap. i want to go all motor but dont know what motor setup is best. i want to make a monster. i here h series are nasty and the crvtec is good to. can anyone help me out?

Read up on swaps for EF Civics (88-91) all over this swap site. And see what you have the ability to do. Too many possibilities to mention for you. Once you got money in hand and have narrowed down your choices...then locate your swap. Any "monster" builds will need a fair amount of mod's to your EF

B swap will be the easiest, but will require minor fab and wire work while being a good "bang for the buck" base platform. The H series will require major fab and wire work and offers more ponies and torque than the B, but is also heavier.

K24 bottom end with high compression pistons in the 12:1 to 13:1 range, K20A2 head with a mean port/polish and really aggressive cams, tune tune tune.

OR

J32A2 resleeved/bored with the same combination of high compression pistons, headwork/custom cams (not too many on the market), rev to 9k+, tuned to hell, probably 350-400whp easy.

Gseries (F-bottom H22-head) with a H2B kit will walk a K swaped car all day long and if you start to build you G motor you will see great gains

Back