Best auto tranny for a 90 DA b20 swap!!!!HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SpiDer21

Wssup experts!!i just did my very first swap (B20 on a 90 DA, 4dr auto), just swapped the long block and kept all the obd0 set up....problem is, the tranny is not a match and im getting a high rpms....rolling at 4000spm on a 70mph..way too high....its killing me on gas...can anyone suggest a compatible tranny without doing too many mods..a direct bolt on tranny would be the best?????HELP!!!Appreciate all the inputs....peace

What engine was the tranny originally attached to? Or, let me rephrase, what transmission do you currently have?

its the stock da tranny...i just swapped the long block

Wow, thread came back from the dead, nice. Anyway, looking back on this, I don't really understand how the tranny isn't a match. The B20 you put in should be pretty similar to the factory B18 in terms of powerband. If it is the original transmission, then it should match up pretty well to the engine's characteristics.

Keep in mind that we're talking about small 4 cylinder engines here. I mean yes, you wouldn't really want to drive a V8 that redlines someone around 5-6k rpms at 4k rpms consistently on the highway, but this isn't really unusual for a Honda engine. My 97 Integra LS sits at about 3500 to 4k rpms when I'm on the highway, and my gas mileage doesn't suffer.

If you're getting bad mileage you might want to look in to a tune-up...

wow they got me i didn't look at the date..

No, it's no problem. Usually it's some noob that stumbles across an old thread and posts without looking at the date. This was the original poster that came back to update, which is good. I was just surprised...

Back