Best b series swap for a 99 dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

christianc5692

Im planning on swapping how this d series engine and tranny as soon as it dies. Now what b series engine/tranny combo would give me the best 1/4 mile speed. Im not really planning on turboing it or anything. I have about a 5000 budget set aside for this so what would you recommend

B18B block with 87mm bore, 95mm stroke, deck plate, 14:1 compression pistons with 167mm rods, GSR head with HUGE cams, B16 transmission with LSD.

Good tuning. 11s easy.

B18B block with 87mm bore, 95mm stroke, deck plate, 14:1 compression pistons with 167mm rods, GSR head with HUGE cams, B16 transmission with LSD.

Good tuning. 11s easy.

if this can all be done for under 5000 then do it

Well... I could, but someone without access to parts at cost and free labor and tuning probably wouldn't be able to do it. :D

for 5k, b18b1 bottom end, b16a head, gsr tranny, cold air/exhaust, and still leaves you some mulah to put some new meat on the ground, you wont be disappointed

A GSR motor with head work or a LS Vtec with build top and bottom end is what I would do with $5000. You can build a way better motor that a Type R and spend less money on it.

Back