Best B Series Swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SpyOneUSN

there are a mind boggling combination of swaps out there, and also, crank swaps, head swaps the ls/cr-vtec and the list goes on... so my question is... what is the best combo for sick horsepower, massive torque, insanely high rpm's, yet still reliable enough to daily drive without much more than changin the oil every 3k? turbo is the obvious answer for hp an tq, but they dont pull really high rpms and are they all that reliable? and which block would you boost? a B20B with a B18C head? or maybe a B16 with a B17 crank? what if you wanted to go for an all motor B18C stroked to 2+ liters that could pull a 12k redline? or a B16 with a B18C head also stroked? which would pull more power, and would it be comparable to a turbo'd engine keeping the boost low for reliability? maybe a supercharger, but lets face it, if we all wanted superchargers we'd be driving domestics. they are nice and all, but i wanna hear psssssssssssht when i shift. please let me know what you think and please respond intelligently, not "my friend has this and it kicks ass!". thanks! :blink:

That is such a broad and subjective question man.Have spin around the forums,there is a ton of opinionswith ahealthy smattering of facts around.Do a search for crvtec,lsvtec and check out the engine building and forced induction forums.

I think it is more a matter of just looking around at some different things, especially on this site, to form answers to your own questions. Just do your homework and you should be able to speculate most of that stuff on your own. Sorry if I sound like an ass, but that is a lot of crap to be trying to answer. And a lot of that just has to be done for you to find out too.

The right sized turbo will pull in the higher rpm's (superchargers wont). :p

"ppsssstttt.." came from the blow off valve.. In Japan they seal up the blow off valves to gain more hp.

Back