BEST B16 wiring job EVER!!! `

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jdubspeeds

Ok so I had HCP do my wiring harness from dx to b16a and it was totally screwed up. But then I went down to my local speedshop and they have a guy that really knows his shit and made the most beautiful wiring harness i have ever seen. It looks totally factory I cant say enough good about it. Please support these guys! they do awesome work and my car runs perfect. Their website is WWW.SPEEDLINERACING.NET The owners Name is KYLE (drives an sti, very cool dude) and the guy that does the wirings name is PATRICK phone number is 2535848399. Dont waste your time with other places if your gonna have it done please take it from me do yourself a favor and send it to Speedline!! Hope this helps you guys out a bit wish i would have sent it their in the first place. BTW HCP engineering SUCKS. A 5 year old child could have wired a better harness then them.

-Justin :worthy:

where are they based?

also what wiring did they DO MPFI to the DX?

or conversion to OBD1?

also how much they charge..?

Stories like this and my own experiences in the past is why I became a mechanic and I do 100% of my own work to my car. It took some time and learning my my own mistakes to get the knowledge and experience I have now but it's worth it. Dude why did you just not do it yourself it's not that hard. I barely knew anything about cars when I re-wired my Dx HB to a ZC/B16 now and this was back like 3 years ago and if you have good intructions and a good HONDA wiring diagram and not some POS Haynes manual it's not hard. Personally there are alot of HACK Speed Shops that they say they're good and some are really good but most are a bunch of Hacks that tell they're customers that buying taillights and putting on just a intake, header, and exhaust is gonna make them power. Just take the time and learn yourself. Also one of the reason why I started doing my own work and I work on ALL my friends cars is what happens if your car breaks down on a sunday or even late satrurday and the shops not open. I can't be without my car and or wait around from a shop to open. It's good that you're are sharing your story to help prevent other peoples future problems. I heard HCP was cool but nowe hearing this I guess not.

Originally posted by LS/VTecEF9@Jul 14 2003, 06:07 AM
Stories like this and my own experiences in the past is why I became a mechanic and I do 100% of my own work to my car.

:withstupid:

Im a mechanic too and I did most my engine swap myself. I just didnt do the wiring and wanted to share with others my good experience since I had difficulty with other companies work. Sometimes spending a few bucks doesnt hurt when it gives you time to work on other things bro.

-Justin

I think its like 175 or somin like that you would have to call and ask them. WELL WORTH IT. As for location They are located in Tacoma Washington (near seattle)

-Justin

Yea when your a mechanic and work on cars ALL day long some days the last thing you want to do when you get off work is work on another car and I completely understand what your saying. I HAD to learn how-to wire things because basicly I had no one else to turn too. I'm a Volkswagon mechanic ( yea I know I work on VW's and drive and love hondas but hey Honda wasn;t hiring at the time and I"m making TWICE as much money working on Dubs then honda's.. they;re pieces of junk but that means it keeps cars coming in the door which turns to $$$ in my pocket if you know what your doing ). But since all the guys I worked with when it happened three years ago knew nothing about ZC's or re-wiring from DPFI to MPFI ( which is one of the things the shop screwed up on my car ) I had to basicly sit down with a honda wiring diagram and instructions of the internet and learn myself. Once you do the first one the rest are easy and as you go you learn different things that will help cut down the time. Just in case anyone is curious on ALL swaps I've done for friends , others , and my own I soder everything electrical connections. ButtHeads use Buttconnectors.... yes they're great, fast , and easy but I've had some Dumb problems in the past from fixing other peoples F**** ups and sometimes it was cause by a loose buttconnector not giving a good connection. By the way WTF's up with the I'm with stupid sign ?

What shop would it be may I ask? I live in Everett Area and looking for a sponsor or something to get a swap done.

Back