Best b16a sir1 build up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kolumbo69

im getting a b16 but i want to build it before i put it in my 90 crx what do you think the best configurations top and bottom ends would be for na power

i would get some higher compression piston and then fully build the head. skunk2 head would be good. thats just me.

or stroke it to 2.0

Stroking B16's is gay. Sleeve and bore it out to 2 liters or so. That way you still retain the B16's great stroke geometry.

I would go with a GSR bottom and resleeve it to 84whatever and you'll have nice tq figures.

reinforce the b16 diff also with an aftermarket unit.

endyn pistons, cunningham rods, toga bearings, and everything balanced at a machine shop.

for the top end i would ship my head to endyn telling them everything about the engine, and where you want your power. i would go with a ferrea valve train, with crane custom ground cam. endyn also cuts/polishes a skunk2 intake manifold that flows better than indi tb's. ericks tb and header.

hondata ecu tuned at a dyno, of course. stock honda ignition...the fastest all motor cars still run oem, so why cant you?

am i the definition of a catalog racer?

you are going to need a bit more than that to get into the 13's, get some ctr pistons, p&p head with all skunk 2 , good header, and exaust , that will give you a start.

Back