Best battery.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
What, in your opinions, is the best battery with the most CCA's for $100-150?

I just realized that i've had the car three years... as well as the battery for three years, after I noticed everything dimming at idle when it's cold.

Die Hard batteries are supposed to be among the best right?

Please do not get an optima. They are over hyped. When I was working at autozone, I sold like a million of those damn things and each one, yes each fucking one, came back for a replacement. Apparently there is no bringing the optima batteries back from the dead, they get dead cells really easy. With even the cheap Duralast batteries you could run them in a car that had a burned out alternator, charge them up, and it would be like brand new. I guess the Gel type batteries don't like being run down too much. This is just my experience with them the year and a half I worked at autozone.

Ian, GSRCRXSi, started a thread a while back when he was going to do a battery relocate in his CRX and he posted a battery that had a lot of CCA's, but I do not remember if it wa a Gel type also. Ask him...

Back