1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best battery.

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by jamesA, Dec 2, 2006.

1. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

What, in your opinions, is the best battery with the most CCA's for $100-150?

I just realized that i've had the car three years... as well as the battery for three years, after I noticed everything dimming at idle when it's cold.

Die Hard batteries are supposed to be among the best right?

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

optima

3. raidmax

raidmax New Member

4. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

Please do not get an optima. They are over hyped. When I was working at autozone, I sold like a million of those damn things and each one, yes each fucking one, came back for a replacement. Apparently there is no bringing the optima batteries back from the dead, they get dead cells really easy. With even the cheap Duralast batteries you could run them in a car that had a burned out alternator, charge them up, and it would be like brand new. I guess the Gel type batteries don't like being run down too much. This is just my experience with them the year and a half I worked at autozone.

Ian, GSRCRXSi, started a thread a while back when he was going to do a battery relocate in his CRX and he posted a battery that had a lot of CCA's, but I do not remember if it wa a Gel type also. Ask him...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted