Best Buy West Palm Beach Store Security Alert

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
Just saw this on their homepage

figured I'd pass it along

Customer AlertPayment card information was allegedly stolen at Best Buy's West Palm Beach store during November and December 2008 by a person using an unauthorized personal device. Customers who shopped the West Palm Beach Store in November and December 2008 and believe they may have been affected by this situation should call Best Buy Customer Care at 1-866-792-6391, and review the full text of the Substitute Notice Letter, here.

freaky...I bought my camera from that exact store last year...

but in Feb-march-ish...

I was just in that exact store and bought a CD a week ago. Good thing I used cash even though they say only Nov-Dec. Wonder how long they knew before posting it up on their site?

An employee at Best Buy’s 1880 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd in West Palm Beach, Florida allegedly
stole credit card information during November and December 2008 using an unauthorized
personal device. Best Buy learned of the theft on Jan. 5, 2009. With the cooperation and
assistance of store management, the employee was identified and taken into federal custody by
the Secret Service on Jan. 7, 2009. That person is no longer employed by Best Buy.
not sure when they posted it on the site
None of Best Buy’s electronic systems were compromised by the employee,
who used a device of her own to steal the card information.
little con woman

Last edited:
if you think thats bad, kaspersky lab got hacked into a couple of weeks go. they WERE known for making some of the best antivirus software. thats like GM building a k-series motor and spanking honda with it.

Back