best cams for lsvtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

david_jones001

Im lookin for the best cams i can get at a good price, i have seen the OBX ones, and by the way im looking for stage 3, and the obx ones arent that expensive, plus they h ave a lifetime warranty, what do u guys think, they are about 335.00 for the box stage 3,

Originally posted by david_jones001@Feb 20 2005, 10:07 PM
lol guess i didnt notice the cam guide up above, i think im gonna go more with the skunk2 stage 2
[post=463621]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsup: Same cam setup I'm going for.

So far the cheapest I've found S2S2s are for 550 bucks, here.

Good thing will hasn't seen this, especially since you asked about OBX cams, according to him... there's a reason why they're cheap.

haha :ph34r:

whats going on?

well i had gone with comp cams in my car. not knowing for about another week how the cams are. went with there stage 2 with port flow valve springs and retainers. so when i can get a chance to get it tuned ill see how the cams do.

Originally posted by 2000Si+Feb 21 2005, 09:48 AM-->
david_jones001
@Feb 20 2005, 10:07 PM
lol guess i didnt notice the cam guide up above, i think im gonna go more with the skunk2 stage 2
[post=463621]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsup: Same cam setup I'm going for.

So far the cheapest I've found S2S2s are for 550 bucks, here.

Good thing will hasn't seen this, especially since you asked about OBX cams, according to him... there's a reason why they're cheap.

haha :ph34r:
[post=463786]Quoted post[/post]​

if you really need info on the OBX cams, go on Honda-Tech and search....there are people on there who have actually tried them out and aren't having any problem at all, the only problem i have now with the OBX cams is that noone has put enough miles on them to see if the stiffer springs are eating away at the cam itself.

That relly has everything in the world to do with what compression ratio you are running and what valve train upgrades you have done or are willing to do.

Originally posted by cws13@Mar 6 2005, 04:25 PM
That relly has everything in the world to do with what compression ratio you are running and what valve train upgrades you have done or are willing to do.
[post=469979]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

But in addition, i would aim for a cam with longer duration and less lift, if your trying to go all the way to your red line anyways. Basicly use a cam thats gonna get you the power with out haveing to rev it out as much. Some cams will have higher lift, and some will have longer duration. I only say this because of the LS block has no oil squirters, so yo umay as well build accordingly. Though if you find a cam you really like go for it, i wouldint let this be a deciding factor, but big food for thought. Dont go buy a cam thats making power till 9000 rpm.

Back