Best CamShafts for B18C5 bottom + B16A2 Head???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jankis

Hi,

The serious question i have, is which OEM camshafts and which Aftermarket camshafts are the best for my set up???

So, the set up will be:

B18C5 block with stock internals;
B16A2 head, ported;
IM ported with Cold air intake, Hondata head/IM gasket;
Header in near future;
Full exhaust;
ECU tuning;

1. Which OEM camshafts are better for my set up? CTR(from K20) or ITR????

2. Wich aftermarket camshafts should i go, if i also will upgrade valvetrane, and WHY that camshafts?
I know skunk2, Blox and some others...
But there are so many Stages and manufacturers of them, so i do not know wich are better, and which to choose?

PLEASE HELP AND GIVE ME ADVICE

well it depends do you wanna use oem or aftermarket? if ur stayin oem i would use gsr and if u wanna go aftermarket go crower or skunk2 hope that helped

I definitely recommend upgrading springs and retainers with any aggressive all motor cam upgrade. I would go with skunk2 stage 1 or 2 depending on how high you plan to rev the motor. But for less valvetrain wear and best useable powerband i would use their stage 1 cams. Ive personally used them and their springs and retainers with good luck. Hope this helps

upgrade the valvetrain to at least Type R springs and retainers. Use Type R cams or any other reputable company's Stage 1 Cam. You don't really have high enough compression to take full advantage of any stage 2 and up cams. Top company I would go with is Toda, but that's just me. There are numerous other companies you can go with.

Type R valvetrain is pretty much good enough to run most companies Stage 1 cams as long as you do not exceed the Type R redline, which I believe is 8800rpm. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. If you decide to go stage 2 or higher, i'd suggest using the same company for both the valve train and cams.

Just remember most stage 2 and higher cams usually don't idle like stock.

You can also read this... https://hondaswap.com/engine-building/b-series-cam-guide-12660/

oh and K series cams WILL NOT work, you have a B Series motor.

Back