Best CamShafts for B18C5 bottom + B16A2 head???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jankis

Hi,

I'm new here, so sorry if something is wrong ;)

The serious question i have, is which OEM camshafts and which Aftermarket camshafts are the best for my set up???

So, the set up will be:

B18C5 block with stock internals;
B16A2 head, ported;
IM ported with Cold air intake, Hondata head/IM gasket; maybe better IM in the future;
Header in near future;
Full exhaust;
ECU tuning;

1. Which OEM camshafts are better for my set up? CTR(from K20) or ITR????

2. Wich aftermarket camshafts should i go, if i also will upgrade valvetrane? And WHY that camshafts?

I know skunk2, Blox and some others...
But there are so many Stages and manufacturers of them, so i do not know wich are better, and which to choose?

PLEASE HELP AND GIVE ME ADVICE

1. k20 cam shafts defintily won't fit in a b-series engine, CTR cams from a b16b would work great
2. skunk2's are pretty good and so are blox, the after market choice is really up to you DON'T GET OBX they're crap, you should really reasearch lift and duration for different cams and how cams effect your engine, stages of the cams are different for each manufacturer

read this it'll help you decide what you want, and give you basic information on cams and how they're measured and what power gains you can expect
VTEC Cams Specs Comparison for Bseries Engines - Team Integra

researching is your best friend when it comes to building engines

Back