Best car for 13k

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

****Ya I know these are posted like every three days but this one has a catch****

Ok my friend had enough of his DSM (I told him) he is now in the market for a car for about 13k. His problem is now that he had his eclipse for a while and he wants more power from base. He has a 16g turbo with everything he was gonna put in his eclipse and we pieced it together with pretty much universal parts other than vehicle specifics (manifold, etc...) After i was looking into Audi's for around 10k he got intrigued and wanted some other car. He doesnt like the A4's though :blink:

He wants a car that has decent power and would benefit from the 16g turbo cause he doesnt want to lose money on selling it. He is dead set on a WRX but they are too expensive. Are there any other cars that he could look at with good performance and could use the 16g? Any 6cyl? is it possible or even good to do a twin 16g V6 or V8?

1 more question, does the WRX manifold fit on a 2.5 impreza? they look the same? never tried.

anything can be done, with money
what model eclipse does he have?
a WRX doesnt have *that* much more power than a 4G63 stock...although the boxer style would be nice to have <_<

'93 240 - $2000
SR20DET - $4000 or so
'91 CRX Si (a.k.a. "beater") - $1000

there ya go. put the turbo on the rex, and have 2 pimp-ass fast cars.

240's are the bomb diggity. i just wish i'd bought one instead of my civic.

240 prices are rediculous now
SR20DET are increasing as well......you wont get one installed for 4000

he doesnt really want to do engine swaps i dont know about the M3, hes gotta get a loan so has to be 96+ to get decent interest rate. He doesnt want a 240 cause my other friend gotz one and he wants sumtin different. He pretty much wants to get the car put like minor mods other than the turbo and be done and fast. I told him to fuck the turbo and get a WS6 but he doesnt like muscle cars. WRX is weak but has AWD and can be upgradable with better dependability than a GSX. DSM=crap.

he has a 96 eclipse GS (going slow)

Originally posted by Prowler@Dec 18 2003, 01:12 AM
Stealth TT or 3000GT VR4. Duh...

its kinda hard to find a good VR4

would the 3000GT Benifit from a single 16G?

EDIT: plus they are heavier than a semi

what would be better

VR4 for more money and put about 1-1.5K into it (AWD)

or

SL for a lot less and put 2-3.5K into it (cheaper)

i'd say VR4 for the AWD, the sl is FWD and doesn't have the TT. I'm sure you can find some decent vr4s
check ebay, cars.com, and autotrader

I looked in autotrader not much like one but has like 130000miles and he has to get one from a dealer

Back