Best Car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX_Si

what do you think the best car for 5g or under is? my friend is getting a new car soon and he has 5 large to spend on one. i know this is a honda forum but other makes are acceptable. thanks-dave

sorry for posting twice i forgot to say something. he wants something with aftermarket support and no four doors or mitsubishis (he just doesnt like them), and he doesnt want to swap a motor so something with a little quickness

the only way he will have a quick car is to buy a honda civic and swap something in it or buy a crx si and mod it.

Maybe he could find a high mileage 94 del sol VTEC for 5k, other than that, he dosen't have a lot of options. Or how abut a nice 93 Rustang 5.0? :)

he doesnt want one cause i have one and i guess he wants to be unique. i told him to get a 90 or so teggy and just build that motor. but he wants a civic. i dont know why he thinks an eg will be quick with no swap but he likes the car i guess. a 240 is also an option or a sentra se-r.

DSM dude! :lol: .. my buddy had one for a mer $2000 :lol: a 92 GSX.. it had an intake, exhaust, bov, boostcontroller, turbo timer, fmic, and just cranked the boost and ran into the solid 13s.. it was like 4500 altogether.. so depending on where you friend gets parts and who puts it in for him, he can too have a 13 sec if not faster dsm for $5000 ;)

TELL YOUR BOY:
1. throw the car idea out of the window
2. Go to DMV and get your motorcycle license
3. Go buy a rice bike, 2 helmets ( will come in handy), and life insurance.
4. buy condoms
5. Get laid ( the bike and having an extra helmet will help)

ENJOY :D :p :lol: :thumbsup:

I had an 87 n/a supra for a while before I realized my budget/goals in the performance world ;). But my budget was WAY under 5000 and I really wanted a different outcome overall for about that, that's why I got a crx, to have a car that can handle like a top and have power in reserve(b16 swap hopefully in 6 months).
But while I had the supra I was most impressed not by the power, which can be greatly improved upon for a relatively small amount of money, but it's creature comforts, power leather seats, nice spacey interior, and the suspension, which while *I* don't feel was made to zigzag it definately carved quite a few corners with precision on the country backroad around me at well over 100.
I was able to pick up a 3rd generation(87-91) supra with a perfect body(no rust) and a running engine for 1500. That plus some eibach springs bushings, and shocks I'm guessing around 2200. Then custom intake and exhaust, another 300, so 2500. And that leaves your friend to do some maintenance for about 500 fixing loose ends. So he'll have 3000 to drop in a turbo motor, or whatever else he wants. AND their rwd, and that's good for the neck/back pain :)

:lol: i agree the bike.. get a 92 civic vx and get like 40mpg and be slow for 2000.. spend another 3000 on a 92-97ish bike, at least a 600cc, any model/make; CBR, GSXR, ZXR, etc.. get 60mpg and run 12s.. :D thats how i am right now :lol: slow pole 92 teg and a killer 01' GSXR750 :D

Back