best cat converter for my 00 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

prodigyusmc

i just bought this civic and it has test pipes and i need to install a cat converter within a year so i can pass state inspection. should i go with a hollowed out cat converter or just get a high flow cat converter. around how much hp will i lose by putting a cat converter on. thanx for any input

What do you think a hollowed-out cat is? If you knock the guts out of a cat converter it won't serve any emissions purposes anymore; hence, it basically becomes a test pipe. If you need to pass an emissions test then you'll need a cat converter with the guts intact...

you don't have enough power to notice a loss from a cat being installed. just get whatever you can thrown on for the cheapest amount of money.

and for those wondering the build here it is

Fresh rebuilt Motor, sleeved block, 85mm je pistons low compression, eagle rods, new arp head studs, cometic .051’’ head gasket, new acl main and rod bearings, polished and balanced stock crank, Gates blue racing timing belt head reconditioned looks new, cleaned at machine shop and assembled with new stem seals, supertech dual valve springs and titanium retainers new water pump, thermostat, seals and gaskets.
18g greddy turbo kit at 14 psi but motor can handle 20-25 with proper tune
Blitz blow off valve
Custom down pipe made to fit with 3 o2 sensor bungs
Apc blue 9.5mm racing ignition wires
Large mount intercooler with piping and clamps by vibrant
Tapped oil pan and clean untapped oil pan
hondata
New stage 3 clutch
580 cc precision injectors with resistor box installed
Hondata intake gasket
Mac Boost control solenoid
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Hondata 4 bar map sensor
Dc tie bar in the rear
Injector pigtails harness to harness no cut
Triple core aluminum racing radiator
Rota racing wheels
Apexi muffler 3”

got jokes i see, but i bought the car as is for 7500 and dont need jokes just help making it better and legal for this matter.

im not to happy that i found out that i have to jump thru hops to get the stock injector on for inspection cause the previous owner put low impedence injectors with resistors, so either i switch it to high impedence injector and get rid of the resistors or i have to play mister electric every year to pass state inspection

very helpful link, the guy at the shop here told me that after i get the cat converter put in that all i would have to do is put the stock injectors and ecu and i should pass emissions, im not even gonna act like i know alot of stuff here, cause my previous car was a mustang so im not sure how accurate this info is.

There are a few around here that know stuff. That link is a dandy for emissions - if you need to refer to it.

Stock injectors? So a ECU change too? If the motor is in decent condition, you should be able to get it to pass without too much hassle. And these guys can probably help a lot - many have experience with boosted engines.

Good luck with it. Mine, I just have to put the cat on I think. The cycle will be the first emissions test with the new engine I just put in my '91 hatchback.

Who knows what fun may lie ahead. Got to clear a CEL for the TPS first.

cool beans, yea in a couple months once im gettin ready to do my state test ill post on what i had to do to get mine to pass. hopefully it wont b much

Back