best cell phone cover ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AHHVTEC

VIP
i have never got one of these myself and im trying to pick the best for protection. this is gonna be for a lg voyager. are the silicone skin covers or the invisible shield better. im clueless

I would personally go for a shield of some sort. My Blackberry 8330 was run over at work the other day by one of the air containers and LIVED through it! haha Mind you the H and Q were a bit messed up but it didn't damage the screen, which is protected as well. It's a hard case and man, it is definitely worth the $30 I paid for it. Sprint replaced my keyboard for free so I'm set now. Amen to good insurance plans!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the containers I push around at the airport tend to weigh around 3,000lbs. or so. Thank God we push them around on a platform that has wheels on it though. haha Talk about a leg workout. Woooooo!

Last edited:
I put "Ghost Armor" on my G1. They advertise it as being totally invisible. Well, its transparent at least. The G1 is a flat black color, and after the armor went on it looked like it had a hi gloss plastic case. Also, at first it makes the phone a bit sticky, or more like a no slip kinda feel. Because of that I took some of it off. Left it on the screen and battery cover though. As far as protection, it works awesome. My phone has no scratch or dings in it, and the armor itself resists scratches and dents. But, if it does get a scratch you can peel it off and get a new one to stick on.

Best cell phone cases I've seen function/design wise were hard plastic frame with a soft rubber case on the inside. You put your phone in the rubber, then into the frame. Hard protection for drops and soft rubber to absorb impact. Genius. Kinda big though. Only ever seen them in person so I don't know what they are called.

Best cell phone cases I've seen function/design wise were hard plastic frame with a soft rubber case on the inside. You put your phone in the rubber, then into the frame. Hard protection for drops and soft rubber to absorb impact. Genius. Kinda big though. Only ever seen them in person so I don't know what they are called.

Otter Box. ^_^ I had one for my 8830 and that thing was built like a ROCK! I had my phone in my lap once when I was riding with one of my employees to the airport in his tractor. The bottom line is that as I was getting out my phone fell hard on the ramp. I laughed, picked it up, checked it and it was just fine. Everyone else freaked. It was really amusing.

It works good. If at first you dont like the texture it gives your phone, just be patient. It will get better.

Back