Best & Cheapest swap for 1992 cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IKONZls/vtec3

the best and cheapest swap for a 1992 cx hatch 5spd, nothing like a b-series probably single over head cam or possibly dohc zc, just wondering what is the best route to go down, this will be just a pure project car to get more feel for swaps and so forth so im taking baby steps, this is also just a reference for a guy that i run with not me, i know what i would do with it but its his first and i wanna steer him in the right direction any suggestions will help

best is almost never cheapest. the best for your budget is what your asking, but we dont know your budget. but i'll throw my 2 cents in, ls/turbo, im very happy with mine, and it didnt break the bank.

yea that would be nice im talking this kid is like 20 or so i believe works a shitty part time job lives with parents, something cheap but like a d series more than likely a platform he can build a little on like possibly turbo or just mild stuff, he drives a 94 teal automatic dx coupe right now so a cx hatch with a z6 engine with bolt ons will feel fast to him, know of any good cheap setup like just a d16z6 engine or turboed d16 dohc zc engine all motor i dunno i just dont want to only give him one option seeing that i would wait n just buy a bseries of some sort but hes impatient and is wanting it on the road come spring time..

a z6 swap would be a good start, but with some creative bargaining, an ls swap would only be a few hundred bucks more than a nice z6 swap. d series turbo is usually cheaper than b

i agree... but it sounds like it is just a daily driver to get him to work, around town, and back home...go for the zc..mods are out there you just have to look for them. it would be an easy swap too. i say junk the tranny and go manual when you have the dough.

cannon....tower....same thing... it's engilsh...everything makes sense when put in the english language.

D16Z6 with transmission and P28 ECU. That should cost about $500-600. The cabin side of the car is already wired for VTEC so you just have to run two wires to the appropriate spots on the pass. side tower plug. There's a write up in the reference section.

You can get a used D16Z6 cheaper; just gotta find someone who just wants to get rid of it.

i wouldn't try anything much cheaper..you start to get into territory of people getting rid of blown or junked out motors...i'd say 500 is the cheapest i'd pay. no ebay shit either without checking into the seller of the item. they will scew you over with no vaseline and give you .50 cents change.

<-D15B-VTEC, P28, Z6 engine harness, new ebay 4-2-1 header, "intercooler" intake....all for $200

He was swapping in a LS engine and just wanted to get rid of it. Only problem was broken valve cover screw. Pencil eraser took that out.

Back