Best choice for GSR valve train and internals

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sniperwolf04

I just read a post someplace and it talked about swapping a CTR head onto a GSR. I'm getting a GSR soon and i've already made some decisions on which way to go. Could anybody tell my why this swap (CTR head on a GSR) would be a good idea. i havent' heard a lot about it. I also read that swapping in CTR heads would be a good move. Some opinon and advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!

the CTR head on a GSR will lower your compression

the CTR head flows better than a GSR head thanks to the mild PnP from the factory

the CTR has more agressive cams

get CTR cams and valvetrain
get a PnP on your GSR head

done

Ya see, I was thinking of getting Toda cams.. should I go with the CTR cams instead? Where (websites) can i go to buy the valvetrain? I don't necessarily want to lower my compression though. The CTR pistons will bump it from 10 somethin' to 12.487. So would i just be wasting my time to get the CTR head?

yes getting the CTR head will be a waste

if you are already looking at Toda then dont bother with CTR anything

get Toda Cams, Toda pistons, Toda valvetrain

Would you happen to know how much the Toda pistons would raise the compression ratio to? And should I bother getting some rods or anything?

check their site i think they say it on there

other good pistons are the IBspec Wiseco

bore out that gsr manifold too unless you have the proper ecu for the second butterfly things in the gsr manifold.

Back