Best Coilover for my CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

I have a 91 crx, b18a swap, fully polyurethane suspension bushing replacement. ass half of the car is gutted and will more than likely stay that way.
Im tired of the shock and collar coilover setup. I want to get a good set of real coilovers.
Ive seen tein basics on a few cars that are nice
what about omni's
skunk 2's??
im more inclined to go with a bigname place like tein or skunk2
whats your guys thoughts on it, im ready to buy and need to make adecision now.
thanks for the help guys
Ryan

oh id also prefer opinions from people who ACTUALLY have the setup on their cars, and arent just " i read somewhere, knowit alls" i need facts.

Omni > Tein Basic

I had the Tein FLEX on my Civic before, and I loved it. I'm currently shopping for a set of KW Variant 3 coilovers.

The question is- what's your budget, and what kind of driving are you going to do with the car?

mostly street, its not my commuter its my fun car, i like to run canyons in it. I saw the tein basics for 675 or so on ebay which was ok, the skunk2's were like 648..
i think thats all i want to spend since i dont drive it that often.

For that price, the Tein Basic might not be so bad. It's still a very nice setup.

i have a sportline/ koni combo on my em2 and when i was chasing another em2 with basics thru the canyon he was walkin on me pretty hard.
Ive never really heard negative about the teins, except some talk or the rears not fitting without jdm rear control arms... dunno if thats true.
I saw k sports for 627. What about those? Better than basics?

Everyone in the AutoX community seems to agree that Koni Yellows + GC coilovers is the way to go. The nice thing about the ground controls is that you can pick custom rates. The whole setup goes for ~$850.

well i literally just got an email back from SKUNK2 and they told me that tein will beat their stuff out every time. I dont find it reassuring that they will admit their stuff is inferior, tho i do respect someone speakin the truth.
Teins for me

yeah, i couldnt beleive they actually said that to me. But hey if they wont lie about there stuff they must at least be some good people. Ill go with the teins tho, at least it helped me make my decision

well i literally just got an email back from SKUNK2 and they told me that tein will beat their stuff out every time. I dont find it reassuring that they will admit their stuff is inferior, tho i do respect someone speakin the truth.
Teins for me
can you post that email on here for us? i would like to read it. i'm a huge fan of the skunk2 products.

yeah its on my email at work ill post it on sunday when i go back

Back