1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best coilovers

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by rexskoo, May 30, 2007.

1. rexskoo

rexskoo New Member

what is a good brand of coilovers for an 89 rex i want it ti sit on the ground:)

2. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

get air bags then

3. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

cheap, yet good, coils that will allow you to lower your car by four inches.... Omni, and only 650 bucks :thumbsup:

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

the best coilovers out there are either Ohlins or Moton
    take your pick

they run in the area of $12,000 - $15,000 for the set
    and they are the shit

if your just looking to slam your CRX to the ground then you do not need the best coilovers
    hell you dont even need good coilovers

i already know you arent planning to corner balance the car and properly tune your suspension... and even if you did, with the car slammed to yhe ground like that your suspension geometry will be so fucked up regardless of what coilovers you got best or worst your car is still going to ride and handle like shit

you might as well cut the springs

if you want your car sitting on the ground then i agree with nick, just get air bags and be done with it... at least then youll be able to make it over speed bumps and shit

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  5. JDMB18C

JDMB18C New Member

Tein is definatly good brand for coilovers.. i suggest getting full coilovers rather then just coils on your stock struts because it will just ruien them.. I have Tein Basic's on my hatch right now and it rides really good and its dropped almost 3' all around

6. stuntstere

stuntstere Member

If you want a good coilover go with some silkroads. If you want to go low and do it right I woukd pick bags, but if you want a coilover then you could go with the HR ultra lows but they will run you around 1300 or so (give or take a few hundred)

If i was on a budget I would go with some omni's and lower my car about 2 inches, but that is me. No budget = silk road's

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted