best compression for N2o?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Just out of curiosity, how hard was it to mate the GSR head on the B16 block? Also, what kind of bolts did you use?

Not hard at all direct bolt on, and the best thing is you get a .5 compression bump give or take a bit depending on head gasket.

ARP head studs and bolts.

Not hard at all direct bolt on, and the best thing is you get a .5 compression bump give or take a bit depending on head gasket.

ARP head studs and bolts.

Really? From what I have always read and learned it always seemed that it was much more difficult to do it. That's pretty sweet. I just learned something. :D

Which studs and bolts did you use, ones for a GSR or B16?

Really? From what I have always read and learned it always seemed that it was much more difficult to do it. That's pretty sweet. I just learned something. :D

Which studs and bolts did you use, ones for a GSR or B16?

nope, pretty much bolted on for me.....unless i did something wrong! :( Now you got me worried! i havent fired her up but now im scared lol.

GSR head studs and bolts but used a b16 head gasket.

its weird, i used a mix of parts.....as follows

GSR head, GSR head studs, B16 Head gasket, GSR water pump, B16 Oil Pump, B16 Timing Belt, LS shaved and ballanced Crank pulley, GSR Clutch And LS Tranny :(.

i used some 550 rc injectors and a walbro 255 injectors were biger than needed but thats what he had. this car had custom grind cams ITBs and a verry well done head

i used some 550 rc injectors and a walbro 255 injectors were biger than needed but thats what he had. this car had custom grind cams ITBs and a verry well done head

Thats whaqt i thought, only because you need a lot more E85 than gasoline so a bigger injector size is a must.

I think we know what your next upgrade will be. B16 or GSR is a much better route to go than the LS.

Yep thats my next upgrade allong with wheels.

had a ITR tranny but it was stolen from my back yard! :mad: Wish I would have cought them in the act......my .357 is always happy to meet new people.

yes with your setup you will probaly need a 390-450 you could also raise the furl pressure to around 65psi and use your 310s raising furl pressure will also atomize fuel better some cars run it that high stock it wont hurt it just rember to tune the car based off lambda not a gasoline AFR

yes with your setup you will probaly need a 390-450 you could also raise the furl pressure to around 65psi and use your 310s raising furl pressure will also atomize fuel better some cars run it that high stock it wont hurt it just rember to tune the car based off not a gasoline AFR

ahh yes thats it! lambda, couldnt remember the term!

Thanks for the info, will have to buy or make a reserve tank so i can tune/run two diffrent types of fule!

lol if e85 is readly available i wouldnt worry about it if you are in a pinch you could run gasoline it would be verry rich and eventually foul the plugs but would get you to a E85 station

lol if e85 is readly available i wouldnt worry about it if you are in a pinch you could run gasoline it would be verry rich and eventually foul the plugs but would get you to a E85 station

Yeah thats true, i only live about 25 miles away from the E85 station and about 40 From VP race fule.

The bad thing is we only have one E85 station and one VP station too.

Lol, thats still better than my area. No E85 and Im like 20 miles from a station that sells Trick fuel.

Lol, thats still better than my area. No E85 and Im like 20 miles from a station that sells Trick fuel.

oh shit so you live in cali too?

there is only one e85 gas station in the valley.

Naw, Im a bit North of you lol. Im in Washington state. Theyre lax enough with emissions up here that I guess theyre not to worried bout havin E85 at the pumps.

Naw, Im a bit North of you lol. Im in Washington state. Theyre lax enough with emissions up here that I guess theyre not to worried bout havin E85 at the pumps.

ahh i see, my bro lives in washington and he tells me to register my car in washington so i wont have to smog it....getting tired of paying 200 for a smog check.

Ya its pretty nice. For 3 years I drove my old truck with collector plates, so I didnt have to go through emissions at all. now with my new car, all they do is check for codes, no sniffers in the exhaust lol.

Ya its pretty nice. For 3 years I drove my old truck with collector plates, so I didnt have to go through emissions at all. now with my new car, all they do is check for codes, no sniffers in the exhaust lol.

yeah for sure man, i always get "now lets see if it wil pass the sniffer" and that when i have to "drop" $200 and "pass" with flying colors lol.

Back