Best ECU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jazzy19

I was thinking of getting a 98 GSR and i was wondering if the stock ECU is good enough to run. Or should i get a different ECU chipped that will give me more power.. If so which ECU would be best to get???

i have a chipped P28 in my 93 SI wit a B18B is smokes cars like nothing.. RSX/BMW's...do u think i should keeping the GSR stock or re-chip it

Originally posted by Jazzy19@Jan 30 2004, 03:14 PM
i have a chipped P28 in my 93 SI wit a B18B is smokes cars like nothing.. RSX/BMW's...do u think i should keeping the GSR stock or re-chip it

If you have a LS, then a GSR ecu makes no sense for you.

If you have a GSR and you just don't know that your engine is actually a B18C1, then yes, get a stock GSR and shove it in there.

As far as the OBD2 question GSR ecu....

1) A "PROPERLY" programmed OBD1 GSR ecu and an OBD2-1 harness will yield you more power than your stock OBD2 GSR ecu.

2) Because your are OBD2, and if you want to use an OBD1 GSR ecu, you will need to re-wire your IAB's for the proper trigger off the ECU. The OBD2 uses (+) trigger, and the OBD1 uses (-) trigger.

That is all.

werd up AMM.

MasseyRacer, will you please shut the fuck up and go back to the hondata advertisement you came from? There are plenty of ways to make good numbers and have excellent drivability out of a stock ECU other than hondata. It's a great product, but its not a universal solution to tuning. I know several people that have tuned their car 100X better with DIY solutions than they ever did with hondata. Hondata is a great tool, but if you don't understand and use it properly, you're just dangerous.

no argument at all.

My point wasn't that DIY tools are more idiot-proof than hondata. Currently, they are far LESS idiot-proof, and require a lot more thought and understanding on the part of the user. "Just add Hondata" or "Just add an AEM Standalone" or "Just add a SMT6" or "Just add DIY Tools" is about as bogus of a tuning strategy as doing nothing at all. That was my point - expensive tools without the knowledge to use them right are just toys.

stand alones are great tools! but like anything you have to know how to use them, and if you are not good at reading or being able to figure out a fuel map its gonna be the worst thing you evere bought for your car.

Back