best eg?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

islandcivic

whats up eveyone.. just looking to do a h23/22 swap into a eg.. just wondering what the best one is... cx/vx/dx? is it better to go with the base model or to rip eveything out of a upper model?

A VX is wired for VTEC and is lighter then the Si. Any work but VX needs less mod's for the swap.

I'd go for an si. The extra weight is well worth having power steering, rear disk brakes, sunroof, a little nicer interior, ect...

Word....^^ I do like my Si hatch and I know that my brakes are pretty nice. When I drive other cars.....I dont like the way the brakes feel. And the pin stripes on the seats are nice (although mine are turning gray/blue lol). Sunroof has its moments but doesn't do anything for me most times

VX or SI... but since you want to do h22.. you'll need the extra brakes to hold the weight.. so i say SI as well

i was thinking vx just for the fact of the vtech harness allready in it.. but i would have to do an over hual on the breaks is what your all saying? or go to a si and do the harness? lol well atleast i know what im looking for around town... prob going to have to go to vancouver to get it tho :p

i was thinking vx just for the fact of the vtech harness allready in it.. but i would have to do an over hual on the breaks is what your all saying? or go to a si and do the harness? lol well atleast i know what im looking for around town... prob going to have to go to vancouver to get it tho :p

Don't worry about whether or not it has a vtec harness. Wiring vtec requires routing a few wires from the harness plugs to the ecu. It's pretty easy to do. The vx is starting to get up there in price due to their rarity and popularity with ecomodders. My first swapped honda was a dx. The thing was so stripped down. No ac, power steering, power windows, no tach, not even a passenger side mirror. The si just feels like a much more substantial car - because it is. Has a tach. Proper brakes, better seats, a nice center console to put stuff, sunroof, ect...

i got a civic dx which in fact it has a vtec harness out of a civic si which works & will work with a b16,b18c1/c5,lsvtec,h22,f20b,ect ect...........just with a little bit of mods done to it........i have my dx running a b17a1 w/lsd tran which i love like sh*t

Back