Best engine Swap For 2001 Accord EX 4dr.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SAER

i have a 2001 Honda Accord Ex 4-cyl stick Vtec, and i want to do an engine swap as soon as i get my first paycheck, i wanna know which engine would be better to swap it, im new to this and dont know much, thanks:D

What will your budget be? That can be a determining factor.

As for "best" engine to swap, that's kind of subjective. Do you want an engine that will swap in easily, look like it came with the car stock, and provide about a 50 horsepower boost over the current engine? If so, then the H22 is where it's at.

If you've got lots of cash to burn and you don't mind a more difficult and involved swap, then I'd say look into a K-series engine, probably a K24 from a TSX specifically. That engine will make 200+ horses, have pretty decent torque (for a Honda engine anyway), and will respond very favorably to bolt-ons and tuning.

Like I said, budget and your ability to do the work are going to be key here...

just my 2 cents..i have a h22a and i aboslutley love it...but then again mine is in a 95 civic hatch so it is kinda different

I looked up the K series engine I found the K24A2 that one comes in the TSX

How difficult will it be than swapping a H22 in?

At first when I got the car I was gonna tune the engine it has a F23A4 4-cyl ULEV-VTEC but the mileage is 178k and I kind of figuered that it'll be a waste cuss the mileage is high

Back