best engine swap for 96 accord

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

collbd01

im sure someone has asked this question before but i couldnt find it on here... my question is wut is the best engine that i can swap in my 96 accord.. i was readin up on the b20 and h22a but i dont have a clue which is best.. and i heard that the f22 block is like a stronger block than these 2.. so can someone pleez help!!

H22, or K24, if you have mad cash to blow. Forget the B20. B-series into the Accord is a no no.

Build the f22 block and swap to a H23 or h22 head .

Just swap the h22 .

K-series is going to set you back a few thousand. You can build what you have a turbo it . for about the same price as the k24 swap.

Like brutal said. It all depends on how deep your pockets can go .

cost?

does nebody know the average price of an h22 swap.. and my first post i meant an f20 engine and not a b20.. i have the f22 with auto tranny.. and want the h22a with a 5 speed.. so if anybody knows the an average cost... pleese let me know

does nebody know the average price of an h22 swap.. and my first post i meant an f20 engine and not a b20.. i have the f22 with auto tranny.. and want the h22a with a 5 speed.. so if anybody knows the an average cost... pleese let me know

Paying someone can reach you in 3000 range.

Doing it yourself, will be about 1500-2000.

Well considering that if your also converting to manual your gonna need more stuff than just motor and tranny from a nother car, i would plan on like 2500 for parts alone, then a whole shit load of your time or someone elses :)

the f20B is also an option...Im thinking about doing that to my accord this summer...but the only problem with that would be that it will be hard to find parts for it...but would have 200 hp....

If you are converting to a manual...Have fun with that...My dad went crazy trying to get the wiring figured out so that he could get a wire for the manual tranny to work...your gonna have one hell of a time with that

Well I think either the H22 or F20(Blue top) would be really good for an accord the guy at JDM told me he would swap a F20 for 3,500 that includes everything engine tranny ecu....etc.
It all depends on how much you're willing to spend...

the f20B is also an option...Im thinking about doing that to my accord this summer...but the only problem with that would be that it will be hard to find parts for it...but would have 200 hp....

If you are converting to a manual...Have fun with that...My dad went crazy trying to get the wiring figured out so that he could get a wire for the manual tranny to work...your gonna have one hell of a time with that
Uhhhh when did a manual transmission on an accord need a cumputer to run it .

Uhhhh when did a manual transmission on an accord need a cumputer to run it .

Car had an engine fire and the F22B1 from another car was an automatic and he needed to the wiring harness from that car too...he had fun converting the harness for use on the manual

Back