1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best engine swap for a 2003 civic DX?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EP / DC5' started by sandrodago, Sep 25, 2006.

1. sandrodago

sandrodago New Member

Hey guys, yo i was wondering if n e of you think putting a K20A2 engine in my civic would be a good idea, or POSSIBLE.. and if it is would it be easy and would it be expensive?!, or if u have n e other ideas for a moderate power upgrade then gimme some ideas guys..
    PEACE!

2. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Search around here. You'll find others that have done it, and the results are amazing. That said, it's also so complex and involves so much engineering and fabrication that it's only been done successfully a handful of times by the most talented people.

Composimo's thread in the Multimedia thread, for instance. Check that out for reference on what is usually involved.

Write a check for $14,000 if you can't do it. $8000 if you can do that sort of thing. And a fully equipped machining shop and engineering degree should be in your arsenal.

-> S

3. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

:withstupid:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  4. sandrodago

sandrodago New Member

yop thanks for responding soo fast so yeah i think 8 - 14 Gs for a engine swap muight be a little much so what do u think would eb a god swap for the buck??

5. 93vicb16a2

93vicb16a2 WHATS CRACKIN??

look on 7thgencivic.com they got a lot of info on that swap

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted