Best Engine Swap With An Auto Trans?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

develishex

Hi,

I'm new here and I would like some info on which engine would be best to swap once I get my 6th gen civic.I'd like a DOHC V-TEC and also I'd like to do a swap with an auto trans,meaning what ever engine I end up with I still want a auto trans(please don't ask me why,I just do)I also would like to know around how much everything would cost to make this kind of swap possible?

Thanks,
Phil

i think theres some JDM B16s that are auto
or you could do an LS/VTEC and use an auto LS tranny

Thanks for your reply and I think I will look into the JDM B16 engine and as far as the LS engine goes I thought that LS Acura Integras are non V-TEC?Also are the B16's good engines to modify because my goal is to make my car run with or hopefully beat my friends TT 1991 300zx that runs low 13 second ETs.He also has an auto tans!So would it be possible for my car to do this??Any more info will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Phil

an LS/VTEC is an LS block with a VTEC head on it

and as far as running low 13s with an auto... it is possible ... but the auto trannys are very weak and dont hold up well

your really limiting yourself with the auto tranny

dunno what to tell you

Thanks for clearing things up about the Ls block,but as far as the transmission is there any ways to beef them up.Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Ppl are building parts for the auto's now. ZEX has a stall converter and i'm sure you can find more things if you just look around.

Go to levelten.com I believe that is the site and they have performance torque converters. They have a raised stall speed and are tougher.

Peace*

you can find lots of torque converters for your car,after lots of looking for the same thing I chose an auto-to-man swap,the converter that I run on my dodge gets lit-up off the line by the guys w/powershifters and sticks that run bigger displacement weaker engines....and that was not a cheap part :( ,all the ZEX parts that I have seen are very well built,not just thier n2o.

Back