Best Exhaust For Me?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffg989

i've got a 93 civic and am going to put a new exhaust on it, what exhaust is the best for performence and that cool bee kinda sound for 300 bucks or less?

go to your local muffler shop and get one bent there... and then get an aftermarket catback muffler .... should be around 150 or so... maybe less...

Originally posted by stud4u2c17@Apr 21 2003, 09:31 AM
go to your local muffler shop and get one bent there... and then get an aftermarket catback muffler .... should be around 150 or so... maybe less...

dude, you're contradicting yourself. :blink: if you get an aftermarket cat-back system you won't need to go to a muffler shop. you know what i mean?

jeffg989, just get yourself a descent cat-back exhaust system. here's my view on some popular exhausts.
Tanabe = i personally love how the Tanabe's sound, especially the racing medallion, nice performance.
Greddy = i think they are too loud, over-priced, and under-performing.
Apex-i = loud as hell, they sound a little ricey but they are pretty good on the performance.

thx for the help, but also, my car is bone stock dx right now :( the reason i'm askin about the exhausts is cause my current muffler has a hugs ass hole in it and needs to be replaced but i figured i would just put the aftermarket exhaust on now cause i'm gonna do a b-series swap when i get the money (hopefully by the end of the summer) so putting the aftermarket on now i would save money in the long run, but should i do this, or just get a new stock muffler?

Originally posted by jeffg989@Apr 21 2003, 10:18 AM
thx for the help, but also, my car is bone stock dx right now :( the reason i'm askin about the exhausts is cause my current muffler has a hugs ass hole in it and needs to be replaced but i figured i would just put the aftermarket exhaust on now cause i'm gonna do a b-series swap when i get the money (hopefully by the end of the summer) so putting the aftermarket on now i would save money in the long run, but should i do this, or just get a new stock muffler?

if you're getting ready to do a swap then you should wait on the exhaust purchase because it probably won't bolt up to your new header correctly and you'll end up going to a muffler shop to get it cut and extended/shortened. i say get the exhaust after you do the swap.

i agree with what he said ^. my exhaust went after about a week after i bought my car and i ended up buying a 5zigen fireball catback for it and i wish now that i had put money into a swap first.

you buy a catback system for the car, not the engine, so wahtever swap you will do will most likely bolt up to the exhaust system on the car.
my b series swap into my del sol , i used the same exhaust system

Back