best flat black

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic15.8

what is the best brand of flat black to buy? I dont want something that is just sky high in price but i dont want cheap junk that will chip off. Also i know how to go about painting it so dont tell me how. thanks :worthy:

I use Rust-Oleum or Krylon brands of spray paint as I have found that these brands cover well, resist running, and spray better than some of the other brands. :thumbsup: Ohh and I think they should be like 3 dollars a can. I think... ;)

I used 98cent cans from Wal Mart on my truck :D :D

of course anything looks better than the three or four other colors it was. it did turn out alright though,i was surprised

I'm using Dupli-Color brand primer on my hatch and i looks really good. The fan nozzle is awesome to use and makes painting really easy too. The only bad part is that you'd have to use some kind of rust-proof paint on any rust spots, cuz the one i have (where the back quarter panel meets the rear bumper in the wheel well) is starting to rust through the primer. But besides that, all i have is praise. And remember to sand down any Bondo spots really good as when you paint over them they seem to stay a bit lighter than the bare metal that has been sprayed. <_<

I have a butt load of krylon that I am about to use on my hatch... I have used it before on other things, and it works out well.

where's tpp? he'd have the dirt on this one. id say whatever's cheapest, cuz if it fades or chips or scratches, you just drop another buck or two and youre straight. use primer, not flat black. primer's not as prissy. TPP, you listnin?

Back