best for boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

R.E.Developement

Import King of Irvington
i just got a 95 integ and i want to put a h22 motor in it and boost it. is that a good setup? how much boost will i be able to handle? or should i just do a lsvtec turbo. which one is better? holla :shrug2: :shrug2:

If it is a GSR, save money and keep the motor. It is a sweet motor and it will be really fast with a turbo.

I wouldn't put an H22 in there anyways. either 1.8 liter engine is a good starting point. Have you considered boosting the LS? That is where I would start. Build the bottom end to handle boost and possibly higher revs. Then boost it. If you feel after adding boost to the LS that it is not fast enough you can swap to the VTEC head with ease.

thanx. for the info. ill just swap the head but if money wasnt the case would a h22 turbo move faster than a lsvtec turbo. and they both have stock blocks

i wouldint go turboing a stock h series block anyway cylinder walls are to thin. But you could always resleeve and boost

That is not the argument I would make at all. My argument is that the Integra starts with a B series in it. The H is going to be more work than necessary for not much gain over a well built B series.

well if you have an ls then go with the H22 but if you have a gsr then there is not point, and as long you dont run more than 14 psi with a blockgard then you should be al set trust me on this one because i took all this info from the the honda high performance book by joe pettitt he is the man this guy deals with all kinds of people he know his shit even tho some people in this forum say blockgards are crap i still belive joe pettit in the book they said as long you run less than 14 psi and a blockgard you are ok with-out blokgard dont go over 7-8 psi
even tho jackson racing says the cylinder bores start shaking at about 15 psi without new sleeves. well i hope i could help good luk H22 al the way

thanx thats all i need to hear. but do u think that it will be a beast? :worthy: :idea:

Originally posted by greencivic@Aug 1 2003, 08:23 PM
well if you have an ls then go with the H22 but if you have a gsr then there is not point, and as long you dont run more than 14 psi with a blockgard then you should be al set trust me on this one because i took all this info from the the honda high performance book by joe pettitt he is the man this guy deals with all kinds of people he know his shit even tho some people in this forum say blockgards are crap i still belive joe pettit in the book they said as long you run less than 14 psi and a blockgard you are ok with-out blokgard dont go over 7-8 psi
even tho jackson racing says the cylinder bores start shaking at about 15 psi without new sleeves. well i hope i could help good luk H22 al the way

Um, punctuation maybe?

Aaahh the book/magazine racer. We seem to attract them. And why would one want to run a block gaurd in an H22A4 when it is already a closed deck engine?

I think either way (LS or GSR) the H22 is the wrong choice. Why not sleeve your B series to 2.0L? Why pull a perfectly running B series out to replace it with an engine that weighs 60 lbs more (if 60 lbs doen't make much difference why do people move their batteries that weigh less than that to the trunk?), sits funny in the engine bay, and adds weight in almost the worst place possible? 60 lbs in the center of the car would not make much of a difference, but 60 lbs in the front of a car that is already extremely front heavy makes a big difference. Now you have to do things to return the stock weight spilt and polar moment that are normally reserved for building a more neutral car.

Sleeve your B series if you don't think 1.8L is enough.

Well, he asked a question and i did some research in the book so i dont you know what i mean lsvtec..well my friend has a 93 civic hb with h22a1 and all i can say is the that shit RUNS LIKE WOO so i dont think it does make a much of a difrence because most of us run straight 1/4 mile not in circles for endurance that is my opinion b18c is great but i would take an h22 and day any time! that is my opnion

Actually I don't think we have a single person here that races circle track in their Honda. There is so much more to racing than 1/4 mile straight line.

That being said, the H22A is still the wrong choice. There is so much in that engine that will be limiting factors.
1. Balance shafts
2. It requires a resleeve to run forged pistons. That means not serious boost or crazy compression without a resleeve. While that is probably true of any engine on lots of boost, you can run lots of compression on stock b series sleeves with forged pistons.
3. (This is a personal preference, not a limiting factor for everyone) Cable shifter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back