best for boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
your talking about spending like $7000 before the motor is evenin your car.

h22=:thumbsdown:

so now

:newbie:

And no one has mentioned an H23. Odd. Cheaper and higher compression than an H22.

it is wiser to leave the h22 for accords and preludes. Nobody here will honestly reccomend that you should do that swap. But hey, if your heart is set on it, go for it. I'll buy your old integra motor.

Riiiiiight, that is why most of the fastest Hondas in AutoX and drag run B series...

The only thing the H22 has going for it is more displacement.

THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE IF (2.2 > 1.8) THEN
TORQUE == 163FT/LB @ LOW-MID RPM RANGE STOCK! ELSE
IF (1.8 > 2.2) THEN
TORQUE == 131FT/LB @ LOW-MID RPM RANGE STOCK
END IF

IN OTHER WORDS WHY SPEND $3500 IN A B18C1
WHEN YOU CAN BUY A H22 FOR $1950 FOR MORE POWER, MORE POTENTIAL, MORE RESPECT THAT IS MY OPINION THANK YOU!

Well, the only reason your argument fails is that fitting an H22 into something other than a later-model Accord or Prelude is no easy task. While your difference in cost of the two engines is pretty accurate, there are so many other costs associated with dropping an H22 into a Civic/Teg that just about even it out. If done correctly, you can get an H22 into a Civic/Teg for as much or a little more as a B18C1, and definitely less than a B18C5. And the oodles of torque that come with the H22

a b series block does not have the potential of an h series...

sleeve a b series to 2.2?
sleeve an h to 2.4?

I've seen people take an H to 2.5 or even 2.6 liters.

The H gets alot of bad publicity because it isn't as popular as a B-series, and not as many companies make aftermarket parts for the H-series. But anything you can get for a B, you can get for the H. I'm not saying it's necessarily better, but it's a damn good engine....as good as any B-series, no matter what anyone tells you.

This is not the point. I never said the H was inferior, just that it is IMO the wrong choice IN THIS INSTANCE.

For the cost of building/installing the H in an Integra, you could build and boost the LS to make more power. Why spend more for the same or lesser results???

The H has it's places, in an Integra is not one of those. Ever wonder why you haven't seen it much?

Because not everyone wants to do the research and perform the strict maintenance and tuning required to build and keep running a boosted car.

An H in a Civic or Teg would be a good "plug n play" swap for someone wanting lots of power without having to worry about boost. You'll spend alot LESS dropping in an H than you will building a B-series for that amount of n/a power.

puting the h22a in my 95 integra is not a problem i just want to know how the car would run. i was just going to put it in there and run it for a while till i get the turbo kit then slap it on. my consern is how much psi will i be able to run on that stock block,will it be faster then a turbo ls/vtec on a stock block. :shrug2:

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 5 2003, 10:52 AM
Because not everyone wants to do the research and perform the strict maintenance and tuning required to build and keep running a boosted car.

An H in a Civic or Teg would be a good "plug n play" swap for someone wanting lots of power without having to worry about boost. You'll spend alot LESS dropping in an H than you will building a B-series for that amount of n/a power.

It is far from a "plug and play" swap. The requirements for installing an H into the Integra chassis are much higher than swapping to a GSR or boosting what he has.

This entire thread is about building an engine for boost. ;) So the maintenance will be there no matter which engine is used.

As for running NA, the H22A tops out faster than the B series. Ever wonder why none of the fastest NA drivers are running H series engines?

I realize the topic of the thread. I also realize that it's not a plug-n-play swap, but once you were to get it in, you wouldn't have to worry about it. It was more of an answer to "why haven't you seen more H-series in Integras".

What do you mean by an H-series tops out faster than a B-series? I wouldn't say that you can get more power/torque out of a B-series. I'd say you have more people running them only because the parts are more plentiful. The extra half a liter of displacement from an H is nothing to sneeze at.

what i am saying is my brother in-law is doing the swap for me. he did alot of these swaps in 92-95 civics already so i dont have to worry about putting it in.
i just want to know how the car would run. i was just going to put it in there and run it for a while till i get the turbo kit then slap it on. my consern is how much psi will i be able to run on that stock block,will it be faster then a turbo ls/vtec on a stock block.

Like you said before you're goin to resleeve the H22 and put in some new pistons so, with that on there already i wouldnt worry about anything the h22 is goin to make you way more power and torque at any giving rpm because of what I said before THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!!! SNUFF SAID YOU CAN GO OVER 25 PSI WITH A RESLEEVED , NEW PISTONS, AND NEW ROD IN THE H22'S BOTTOM ENOUGH SAID!!! AND BY THE WAY WHILE RESLEEVEING THE H22 FIND OUT A GOOD COMBO SO YOU CAN GO TO HIGHER DISPLACEMENT LIKE 2.4-6 WHAT EVER THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE RUNNING H22 AROUND AND TRUST ME WITH A GOOD COMBO TURBO KIT THOSE SHITS ARE UNBEATABLE LATEZZZ

Originally posted by greencivic@Aug 5 2003, 01:23 PM
Like you said before you're goin to resleeve the H22 and put in some new pistons so, with that on there already i wouldnt worry about anything the h22 is goin to make you way more power and torque at any giving rpm because of what I said before THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!!! SNUFF SAID YOU CAN GO OVER 25 PSI WITH A RESLEEVED , NEW PISTONS, AND NEW ROD IN THE H22'S BOTTOM ENOUGH SAID!!! AND BY THE WAY WHILE RESLEEVEING THE H22 FIND OUT A GOOD COMBO SO YOU CAN GO TO HIGHER DISPLACEMENT LIKE 2.4-6 WHAT EVER THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE RUNNING H22 AROUND AND TRUST ME WITH A GOOD COMBO TURBO KIT THOSE SHITS ARE UNBEATABLE LATEZZZ

:hmm: :shrug2: :poke:

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 5 2003, 11:32 AM
I realize the topic of the thread. I also realize that it's not a plug-n-play swap, but once you were to get it in, you wouldn't have to worry about it. It was more of an answer to "why haven't you seen more H-series in Integras".

What do you mean by an H-series tops out faster than a B-series? I wouldn't say that you can get more power/torque out of a B-series. I'd say you have more people running them only because the parts are more plentiful. The extra half a liter of displacement from an H is nothing to sneeze at.

I meant that the H series has more to get in the way of extra power. Noone has answered the basic issues with the H22 I posted much earlier.

1. Balance Shafts, these are powered off of the crank therefore to get 400 whp you have to make more power at the crank than you would with a B series.

2. 60lbs and engine positioning. The amount of weight does not make as big a difference as where that weight is positioned. That extra 60lbs is at the front of the car. This takes a car that already has a front heavy setup and maming it worse. This also makes the polar moment of the car worse. You now have to do things that would normally help the handling of the car just to make it act as it did before the swap. Next, the chassis of this Integra is setup to have an engine sit like the B series does, tilted slightly forwards. The H series engines tilt towards the back of the car. This will effect the way the weight is distributed to the mount points on the chassis.

Let's look at the more displacement thing rationally. There is a practical limit to the amount of torque your FWD car can handle and still be streetable. Both the B and H series are capable (if built correctly) of far exceeding that limit. Why pay more for the same results?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back