Best for Daily Driver???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

doobie38372

Ok I'm going to be buying a 97 honda civic ex with a GSR.
It's already built for high compression and I heard somewhere that high compression isn't good for a DD I was wondering whether i should keep building for high comp or break it down and go boost.....also what would last longer and be more reliable?

"It has 13.1 compression it has CTR pistons, King rod bearings, Thurst main bearings."

thats just what I was told I haven't done any research on it yet so I don't really know i'd appreciate any info I could get.
I just would really like to know what would last the longest but still bust some ass without blowing up.

The quality of the build determines how long it will last. If the engine was assembled by someone who knew what they were doing then it should be fine as is. If you're looking for the absolute best DD option though, that would be a stock engine. Any time you tear down an engine and rebuild it for performance you're going to have to deal with the upkeep and possible reliability issues...

vtec engines with high comp are awesome! Idle is a hell of a lot smoother, and MPG's are better too.

13:1 comp is doable as long as you have a big set of cams in there and if its tuned. You should be able to break 200whp without a problem.

The best daily driver is the car that is closest to stock as possible.

what he said^

However, I ran a stock block gsr supercharged for 2 years in my hatch. I tuned it myself on the street using an ass dyno and datalogging. I was never left stranded in the 20k miles I drove it. You get lots of usable, reliable power with a jrsc setup. Check out the link in my signature. The biggest hurdle being a DD was having no car during installation, and the 2 weeks or so it took me to work out all the bugs.

Back