Best for turbo: gsr vs. ls

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ktyr5151

Im wondering what would be best to turbo, an b18b or a b18c1? Im not worried about price i would just like to know what is everybody's opinions on this? I might also be doing forged internals aswell (very likely).

b18c1, hands down. the head flows better, decent C/R, and most versatile transmission.

i have seen some very impressive numbers on the internet for stock sleeve turbo'd GSR engines. 300-400whp+

yea the c1 but if you want the best of both then do ls/vtec all together it will cost 1500-2k and thats with pistons rods, valvetrain and the vtec conversion kit. my ls/vtec is 376hp to the wheels and the engine i just built for a guy made 600hp. but stock my friends made 285hp

Last edited:
b18c1, hands down. the head flows better, decent C/R, and most versatile transmission.

i have seen some very impressive numbers on the internet for stock sleeve turbo'd GSR engines. 300-400whp+

I wouldn't say most versatile transmission but if this is your opinion I respect.

I always advice b16.;);)

gsr trans has better gearing for higher powered cars, and i agree its the most versatile overall. also i agree that the b18c1 is a great motor for boost and it will make more power than the ls motor.

If you plan to build it I would just use a B1 block, they are cheaper and easier to find. If you plane to boost on the stock bottom end the GSR is stringer and balanced better. Oh and the LS trans is the best for boost, the longer gearing keeps you in boost longer. GSR trans is the best all around trans though for sure.

Back