Best Full Drag Project.

with $10,000, where would you start a full drag project, and what would you do?

• civic coupe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • crx

• eclipse

• integra

• accord

• prelude

• other (please na

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
where would you start a full drag car? what would you do?

other

you want drag... do it right.... get RWD

$10,000 on a 240 will have you deep into the 11s

the saying is anything is possible with time and money

and yes with time and money and h22 possible.

personally i like the crvtec idea.

Originally posted by jamiedude@Apr 22 2003, 01:56 PM
personally i like the crvtec idea.

a CR/Vtec is not too good for all out drag car.

i said go with a coupe, look what Erick Aguillar did with his 5th gen coupe. He's running hella low 10-second passes with a B18C1 block. I remember going to Erick's shop back in the day when he first had that coupe, it was green and had an H22 in it.

I like the idea of a coupe. longer wheel base and beter aerodynamics. look at all the guys running low et's, they're all running coupes. I was going to use Steph Papadakis as an example but i figure i'd stick to Erick cuz he's the guy running the fastest all motor civic and he's from good old SoCal, about 5 minutes from where I stay at.

Erick's Racing site

Personally I would go for a crx because the difference in weight can be everything but yeah, a 5th gen coupe is also good because of the possibilities with engines and such.

I'm gunna go out on a limb as say if you JUST want to go fast, for $10,000 you can go 9's in a Mustang. If you want to go fast, cheap, and have an import, get either an AWD DSM, or a Dodgle Colt, or Mitsubishi Mirage, and drop in a FWD DSM engine.

205 HP Turbocharged 2.0L engine STOCK, PLUS, the car only weighs 1600 lbs with driver. That OWNZ.

You must want a honda.. 10k wont get you that fast. Maybe low 12's.
Is that 10k including the moeny for car?

mid 80's 4 banger fox body (mustang), and imo, a 302 stroker or a camaro/s-10 with a 383 in it.

or if you wnt import

1gen awd dsm like sir kid said or a 5th gen coupe and dump all that money into turob shit.

i already have a hatch that i am going to gsr and turbo. i thought about the h22 turbo idea but i want to stay daily driver and the price will be cheaper to swap. when i asked the question it was just for conversation and ideas.

if u want a best drag car, a 91 talon TSI is the best way to go... ive seen them with turbo upgrades and FMI, run 13 flat... if u dump 10k in one, u will run 10's or 11's, i saw one forsale they wanted 6500 for it and it ran 11.2 , they are just quick out of the whole and u can have alot of turbo upgrades for them!!

Originally posted by boostdGS@Apr 23 2003, 06:23 AM
4.6L mustang, or an F-body

if you want a 9-10 second stang you gotta go with a fox body all the way. a '91 LX equipped with the 5.0 will be the shit after you dump about $8-10000 in it.
the SN95 stangs are quick too but for all out drag, the fox have a bigger advantage cuz there more parts to chose from, they're lighter and plus you're limited on parts for a 4.6L and it'll cost you a lot more trying to get big power out of it.

the 4.6L is a horrible motor, i hate fords, but they should have never dropped production on the 5.0, that was the one good thing going for them

Originally posted by B16@Apr 23 2003, 04:42 PM
the 4.6L is a horrible motor, i hate fords, but they should have never dropped production on the 5.0, that was the one good thing going for them

:werd: 5.0 = cheap and can kick ass (dads friend has one going mid 10's on "test n tune" runs.. 347 stroker).

4.6 = expensive to mod and from what i see around here, they dont do much shit for 10k.

Originally posted by B16@Apr 23 2003, 01:42 PM

the 5.0 is a good motor in the fox body, the SN95 body is a lot heavier and the 5.0L motor wasn't too impressive in that chasis.
the 4.6L is a great motor to build on and there still developing a lot of stuff for it but it's just really expensive right now. in about 5 years it'll be a lot cheaper. if you invest about $10K on a 4.6L you can probably have a high 10 or low 11-second car and it'll still be somewhat street friendly. but you can probably get the same results from a 5.0L with a few thousand dollars less.

eclipse awd....i'm prejudice though :)

p.s. i wanted a 1g....

Well I never said you couldn't use a Notchback mustang. But personally I'd rather use a 4.6L, Higher Reving, higher torquing, more powermaking v8 than using the older 302. Yes parts are easier to find for a 5.0, But you can go just as far on a 4.6.

Don't get me started on mustang stuff, that's what i'm tryin to keep up with around me. My friends drive a ; supercharged cobra, supercharged 302 93 notchback, and a NA, preparring to be blown 93 notch 4.6L(PINK) and my friends daily driver lincoln :lol:
Don't feel like arguing the 4.6Lvs5.0 thing because... I hate mustangs :D

But if you guys wanna keep the import route

"Why not a 1G dsm, -$2000\
Get a fully built race motor from Buschur-$4000
Tranny from Tre-$3800
FP red turbo and Manifold whit an 02 dump-$2500
put it together and you'll take BIKES and have extra Cash" - the homeyg

Back