Best Full Suspension

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SpyOneUSN

i was wondering what is the best set up for around 1200 or so? im not really planning on doin auto cross or anything extreme, id rather ride smoother than pull .01g more if you know what i mean. (girls dont like the stiff ride, in the car i mean) i was thinkin bout the tein flex, but i read that post about the tanabe sustec pros also. are they comparable in price? the flex's are anywhere from 12-1400, im not really lookin to spend much more than 12. are the full set ups that much better than like a skunk 2 coil/koni shock combo?

ehh... depends if you want full blown adjustable ala a coilover system.

look through TEINs complete lineup and see if you can find something that suits your fancy, all of their products are quality from what I have heard.

a koni/KYB/neuspeed/skunk2 or whatnot combo is very competetive though. For most people, that is the most suspension they want. For hardcore autoXers and what not though, it might not be enough

Use big classifieds. they are your freind. Find some Tein HA's, or SS's for 800-900. They are fully adjustable in height and dampering. My HA's on stiff is rough and semi bouncy but when turned down to 3-4 softest setting, they are so nice. I Bearly even notice that I have coilovers.

For autoX, the biggest mod you can get would be a good sway bar along with decent springs.

Coilovers are just one part of a "full Suspension" package.

Most importantly, tires play one of the biggest factors.

Other parts...
Upper/lower front/rear tie bar, sway bars, wheels, brakes, dampers, springs (or just coilovers) bushings (are a bitch to put in and give you a bitchy ride)

Back