best head gasket for boosted gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i know everyone has their own opinion on headgaskets, i searched a few old forums with peoples opinions. i would like to see what everyone thinks the best/reliable headgasket would be for a boosted gsr. im looking at about 15-16 psi on a t3/t4 turbo. some say oem is the best some say hks. the last thing i want to do is pop a head gasket after all this time and money. thankyou

Are you running an 0-ringed block or anything special like that? I have not had any problems with OEM gaskets even on big HP cars, just use soem ARP studs or new OEM bolts and toruque them properly.

thats all i needed to know. i am puuting pistons and rods in my car and i wasnt sure what would be the best head gasket to use. i have heard nothing beats oem. thankyou

Originally posted by TurboSnatch@Mar 20 2005, 08:10 PM
thats all i needed to know. i am puuting pistons and rods in my car and i wasnt sure what would be the best head gasket to use. i have heard nothing beats oem. thankyou
[post=476288]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid: seen credible aftermarkets fail, but never oem

One of the guys on the RM forums coated an OEM gasket with copper coat for extra protection. Maybe look into that.

whats going on every one??

well i do not know how you guys feel about sce gasket thats what i am running in my car right now.. i wanted to try some thing new so i went with sce titan copper head gasket. its been on the car for about 3 weeks but time will tell...

every one on eghey lists cometic - ! but i would say oem with every one else cause no one knows honda like honda

I had cometic and had problems with it sealing cause the block did not have super fine finish. From what I have seen everyone has had good luck with OEM.

Back