Best Header for b18c swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

antiherocrx

So i have a 90 crx si with a built 94 GSR motor, with a mild pp job done. Sadly i currently have the stock ls header. I was wondering what aftermarket header will give me great flow for a reasonable price. Also how much crossmember notching will i have to do?

What's your reasonable price? Mine would include an SMSP header custom built to my engine specs and performance goals, but that's not what most people would consider a "reasonable price."

What do you have done to the engine to consider it "built?"

What kind of power curve are you looking for?

What's your budget?

2-500 for the header. It has a mild PP, skunk2 stage 2 cams, skunk2 springs, valves, retainers, and intake manifold. Reliable up to 10,000 rpm. Looking for good mid to high range power.

well the motor that i have on the way has a genuine JDM mugen header, pretty sure that its just 4-1 if you think that your interested pm me, won't really have a use for it being as i need a header with a T3 flange... ;) the header would be coming off a B16A SiR II but i'm almost 99% sure that it would interchange...

Cal, I think the Bisimoto header is like $1000. He had a used one on his website that was $549, which I was going to buy, but I ran out of $$ and someone else bought it now.

Others to look at are HyTech ($1300) and AN-R ($500).

I know HyTech has an awesome reputation, I don't know about AN-R, but their shit looks a lot like the Bisimoto header.

As far as the Mugen header, if it was originally designed for a b16, it won't fit, if it was for a b18 and someone was just running it on a b16, then it obviouly should fit.

hey thanks guys for all your imput, sadly i need to find a new apartment so no money for a header in the near future, but thank you for all the info.

Cal, I think the Bisimoto header is like $1000. He had a used one on his website that was $549, which I was going to buy, but I ran out of $$ and someone else bought it now.

Others to look at are HyTech ($1300) and AN-R ($500).

I know HyTech has an awesome reputation, I don't know about AN-R, but their shit looks a lot like the Bisimoto header.

As far as the Mugen header, if it was originally designed for a b16, it won't fit, if it was for a b18 and someone was just running it on a b16, then it obviouly should fit.

Hmm. I thought the Bisi headers were right around $500-600. Maybe buy a used DC 4-1 "JDM" header with the 2.5" collector?

I'd just do what Calesta just suggested.
Buy a JDM ITR header.

My brother intalled one on his stock GSR and you can feel the difference.(especially when your driving 1 hour to the race track, running open header, exhaust off!)

Back