1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best header for my poor setup? lol

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by APEXi, Oct 31, 2005.

1. APEXi

APEXi Senior Member

hey guys, wot u guys think would be the best header for my set up? b18c1 with just an inkate, catback and decat? pretty poor setup i kno but i've only jus got the motor in lol i preffably want a 4-1 header without taking a huge chunk out of my wallet. i got around 400$ i want to spend, wot would be the best header for my set up? jdm itr?

thanks

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

DC

3. formby

formby learning in progress

let me tell you...you can spend the money on a dc or buy a megan racing one...i have a 4-1 focuz ebay $99 header...and i pulled a 14.2 all motor with 9.8:1 CR in my lsv.....if you want to extract every single hp out of it...go ahead and buy the $300+ header....but if its for the street i would buy what ever...

i work very hard for my cash...but the dc is a great header

btw my boy has the jdm dc 4-1 and my tubing is just as big....we took his car to the dyno and by putting my header on his car....he lost 1hp and 2lb of torque....he paid $300 i paid $99... you be the judge

4. APEXi

APEXi Senior Member

thanks for the input man!

any1 else?

5. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

You can get the AN-R header for $530, and its one of the most badass headers out there. They claim 15-20hp on a stock motor (with exhaust and intake). Its a lot like the Bisimoto one; its cheaper and probably not quite as well made, but it is $700 less.

6. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

If you like looks, go for a DC sports header.

If you don't care about looks, get a dc sports knock off from ebay. I've put one on a D16 and one on a b18. I port matched 'em, but other than that, the didn't need any work.

The knockoffs are usually the exact same piping and bends as the dc, but with a crappy looking flange and sloppy welds. As far as exhaust gas is concerned, it is exactly the same.

7. smooth95

smooth95 Senior Member

I would go with prospeed great header

8. 90B16a1si

90B16a1si Member

Go with a cheap ebay header and put the rest into saving for your turbo.

9. formby

formby learning in progress

10. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

i've had decent luck with ebay headers

its actually cheaper to buy a whole header than it is to buy either stock replacement manifold, or downpipe from auto zone...

i've put a pacesetter on my brother in laws 89 accord, ebay header on a 91 lx accord, and ebay header on my 90 d16z6 hatch, ebay header on H22 in my integra

all have worked well, no problems with them, but i upgraded to greddy on the H22 and turbo on the Z6 so i couldn;t tell you long term issues...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted