Best Intake Manifold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

What is the best mainfold for my D16z6? I heard that the y8 is good, but how much mods do I have to do with this mianifold? Also which teg Throttle body is good to fit on the new intake? any help will be taken, thanks

If you wanted to just keep it a stock IM stay with the z6, if not go with skunk2 (I dont know if they even have it for your car) as i have heard very good things about those. as far as throttle bodies, any b-series throttle body would work as they are are all the same bore...except for the type-r...

why? you're going to spend a shit load of money on that thing and never be happy with it. Swap it to a b-seires.

cuz i cant afford that! I have to stick with my D16 for a long time! Im only in high school and have a shitty part time job! I would just throw a supercharger or turbo in there if I had the money but right now all I can do is make the best all motor D16 and i think that has some pride to it!

You can still make good power with a D16, trust me. It has power potential very close to the B16. The Skunk2 manifold is around $300, if you're willing to pay that for a small power gain... if you can get it, and I'm not 100% sure that it's even available yet. You can use a D16Y8 manifold. It came on the 96-00 EX Civics, and is the best flowing out of the OEM D block intake manifolds. You should be able to find one at a junkyard fairly cheap.

If you add an Integra throttle body, make sure you match port the intake manifold to it. You don't want a hard step between the IM and the TB.

You don't need anything else we did it on my brother's D16 and it a good help not a lot of power but some what a little better...

Get a Venom intake manifold. My friend has one on his Turbo civic with a D16 and it works great. A little pricey, but worth it.

save that money, slap some 85-87 integra rods and piston, Y8 head, and a good JR supercharger. Enough to pull out some good numbers.

Back