Best/Lightest Street Racing Wheel/Tire Combo, 1991 CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 91 CRX with a JDM B16A conversion done to it, and am looking for a good set of tires/wheels to go well with this engine for street racing, if you could also specify what size i would be needing, and why that would be my best choice, please let me know, thank you

um....falkens for drag racing? :no: BFG drag radials are a pretty good street legal drag radial. I concur on the rotas, they're cheap and light.

ummm....dunno which falkens but my bro had some on some circuit 10s on his 96 gsr hatch and those things woud never spin when he got on it.....nothin but pavment grippin no slippin!!! :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
http://www.machiii.net/wheels/RT615.html Those tires should do you well if you don't mind the fact that they will only last 20k miles. They are my next choice for Auto X. I have the parada spec 2's right now and they are a good tire but not as sticky as I would like.
The RT-615 are HORRIBLE drag tires. How would I know? I have them. They have a very stiff sidewall and are an amazing steet/autoX tire, but they will suck hard for drag racing. Falken does not make any street radial tires for going in a straight line. They make good drift and AutoX tires and thats about it.

I use the Nitto 555R drag radials. They are pretty damn sticky. No complaints here. I have never owned the BFG's but I read more than several times that the Nittos are a superior tire. That's what made me choose these over the BFG's.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
14 inch Insight wheels (8 pounds!) with BFGoodrich drag radials. :)

How wide are those?

I'm running 94+ Miata wheels(look like HX wheels) that are 6" wide, All-season tires though. I think they're 11-12lbs.

I think they're actually 14x5.5... the stock tire only has a 165mm tread width.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
http://www.machiii.net/wheels/RT615.html Those tires should do you well if you don't mind the fact that they will only last 20k miles. They are my next choice for Auto X. I have the parada spec 2's right now and they are a good tire but not as sticky as I would like.
The RT-615 are HORRIBLE drag tires. How would I know? I have them. They have a very stiff sidewall and are an amazing steet/autoX tire, but they will suck hard for drag racing. Falken does not make any street radial tires for going in a straight line. They make good drift and AutoX tires and thats about it.

Definitely horrible.

Quoted post[/post]]
I use the Nitto 555R drag radials. They are pretty damn sticky. No complaints here. I have never owned the BFG's but I read more than several times that the Nittos are a superior tire. That's what made me choose these over the BFG's.

I've always read differently- that the BFG drag radial was far superior to the Nitto. I guess it's all in how you heat things up though.

well it seems everyone agrees with the rota circut 10's, is 15'' the best size for those? if so where is the cheapest place to get them at?

:werd:
I'm glad that most of the idiots around here are driving lifted trucks, keeping the police's attention. Hooray for rednecks!

Back