1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best manual for my swap

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 98civicproject, Apr 28, 2008.

1. 98civicproject

98civicproject New Member

i have a 97 gsr going into a 98 civic ex. whats the best manual that will help me with this swap. will the haynes manual for the 98 ex be ok.

2. knuteiriktveiten

knuteiriktveiten New Member

Honda Engine Swaps. Its a book you can pick up at some auto zones. they have a lot of really good info and the book is only like 20 bucks

3. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

4. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

5. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

I have that book, and you're right, it is nice, but honestly I think he's way beyond anything that he can learn from that book at this point. He's already got a built motor and hoping for 400+ wheel horses. That particular book just covers the swap basics, like what mounts to use, how to keep A/C, that kind of thing. I'm thinking he's probably looking for wiring diagrams and that kind of stuff...

In that case, he'd probably want to go with a Helms/factory service manual. The Haynes might be sufficient too. I know they've got torque specs and some wiring diagrams in the back.

Definitely check out the website posted above...you don't want to pay $50 or more for a factory manual when you can download it online for free...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted