Best Mod Yet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Just went for my first test drive with it, holly shit. I think that My car now handles better then my dads Mini. The bar improved the car so much, now it feels like it is riding on rails. Install was a bitch. I bought the beaks kit. Wow is that not made for ITR LCA's. I took mike's (b16's) advice and grinded a little bit off to make room. Yep still did not fit. Did it again, still did not fit, end up having less then a half a cm between the hole where the bolt goes an the edge of the rear backing plate on the beaks kit. Also, aligning those things and screwing the bolts in is totally impossible when you are upside down and you dont take the LCA pivoit point out (dont have the equiptment)

B. You were bitching and complaining about how you did not think your teins were worth the money, well that is because you don't have a swaybar. Your shitty dc Tie bar does jack shit, go do this mod.

:( On one bad note, I got my first ticket today, clocked at 52 but he wrote it as 45 in a 40. $80 + 2 points. I am going to fight it

at 5mph you can definately fight it ask how long it has been since the radar has been calibrated and most judges will drop a ticket for 5mph over unless you are a dick then he will mostlikely mae you do community service for being a dick

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jun 2 2003, 11:15 PM
B. You were bitching and complaining about how you did not think your teins were worth the money, well that is because you don't have a swaybar. Your shitty dc Tie bar does jack shit, go do this mod.

too much of a hassel. :)

Hassel? It would have been so much easier if I would have just bought the BSQ kit. Only real hassel was the fucking Beaks kit which is a waste of money. Just get the bsq kit, a USDM way bar from a performance shop (they might have one lieing around) Plus The one list that is in the articles has way too many parts. When I got the bar, it had the collors, bushing, and d bushings. All I should have ordered was the d brackets and 2 bolts. The old endlinks has a nut welded to it and the beak/bsq kit comes with the rest. I ordered all the stuff then got the bar so I pretty much wasted $30 on useless parts.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Jun 3 2003, 03:07 PM
how about some links to were this swap bar can be purchased ??

I bought my swaybar from payntechnoligys, a local shop around here (he is they guy who help create the DART block and was the first one to use no2 on intercoolers) It was used and he sold it to me for $40 (vs. like 70 at the dealer and 100+ on honda-tech)

the cop obviously felt you weren't a dick, because he reduced it to only 5 mph over. If you try to fight it, you'll look like a dick. Thats just my opinion. Depending on how your ticket prosecution works, if the cop wants to he could jack the ticket back up, just like he lowered it.

yes, i loved my ITR sway i had on my coupe. i'll definately be buying one for my del sol soon enough :)

classical case of my terrible proof reading skills yO!
will an ITR swaybar fit a 91 CRX ??

Passwordjdm.com had them for like 80 and I am sure that comes with the d bushings, endlink bushings and endlink collars. (those parts combined will cost you 30+ from acrua). You can buy everything new from acrua and the bare bar (without the parts above) will cost you 70ish.

CRX-YEM- I am not sure. What do your LCA's Look like? What about the subframe? Is it similar to eg's? Can you take some pics?

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jun 4 2003, 03:12 PM
Passwordjdm.com

bah, steve is "on vacation" again

dennis, i'm pretty sure it doesn't fit

Back