1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best model for swap??

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by angelkilla, Aug 20, 2003.

1. angelkilla

angelkilla Junior Member

[​IMG]

I'm selling my '87 crx Si (above) and looking into getting a 92-95 Civic hatch.
    what model would be -best- for doing a swap?

also, which models have sunroofs? (power or not doesn't matter)

Opinions & facts are welcome. Thanks!

angelkilla@shaw.ca

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

HAsport

IMO, you should forego the expensive of a newer motor, and a newer car, and put a B16A in that rex for much less than getting another car. The above site has everything you need to get it in and running. Those are way light and the B16A will haul you around at lightspeed in that tiny car. But if you have to get something else in the 92-95 range, look for a Si since it has a sunroof, and is vtec, so the swap is very easy.

3. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

the only thing is that it is a little more heavier the Si, I say keep your current ride and use it as track car and get a daily driver.

But the lightest models were vx,cx,dx,si in that order from least weight to heaviest.

Milan

4. deth101

deth101 Senior Member

:werd: :withstupid:

5. sohcslammer

sohcslammer Senior Member

What do you want out of the car? Is it going to be a drag racer? Taking it to the track and seeing auto X? Daily driver? I personally like the coupes better, better handling IMO and better looks too. The ex/si models are the best, si is only in the hatch. both have sunroofs. (My ex did anyway) For the best OVERALL swap I would go with a coupe for weight distribution reasons. But the hatch would be faster.

92B16vx is right though, a swap into that rex would still be fastest. But in the 92-95 series the B series bolts right in. It's all up to what you want man.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted