Best mods to do to a sir I?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

totalburnout

VIP
Alright, I'm just trying to find out what kind of mods I can do to a sir I motor to get around 180-200whp, and 130-150+TQ. I'm trying to figure out if I should buy a car with a Sir I swapped into it or if its just a waste of my time.

I already have a honda but i have a d15 and that has absolutely no power, and I'm afraid I'm going to get into another weak ass car.

I was hopeing the car that I'm thinking about trading for would have a b18c or a Sir II as opposed to the Sir I so it would have a little added power over all the rest of the Si's but unfortunately thats not the case.

Long story short, I would it to be decently fast and put down around 180-200whp while still maintaining 20+ mpg. I need to be able to whoop on my friends '02 Jetta 1.8T (thats the 180hp 1.8t motor not the 160hp 1.8t)

Basically with the answers I get will determine whether I get the GTI vr6 that I was planning on getting or getting the 95 Si w/ the jdm Sir I motor.

If I get the gti vr6 I'll pretty much have 0 cash left over, if I get the modded 95 Si I'll have around $650 left over.

List of mods already in the 95 Si.
jdm b16a swap
ground control coilovers
jdm corners
carbonfiber lip
jdm integra type r shift boot
skunk 2 exhaust
3pc mid wing
spoon upper rear wing
usdm integra type r headers
white face gauges
sl style fenders
jdm interior console,
gsr swirlies

So basically the swap, exhaust, headers, and coilovers are the only mods done to it. I'm not sure if he has a CAI as well. How much HP and TQ do you think the car has?

I know I can just turbo it to make the kind of power that I want and boost like 8psi daily, but I have like zero mechanical knowledge so I would have to pay someone to install a new kit for me which will probably be $2500

Right now it could be seeing between 140-150 hp, maybe less. I/H/E on mine ran 155whp. Aside from pistons, cams, and some headwork boost is about the only option for getting consistant power like you want, but there's always nitrous.

turbo.

200 whp without upping the dispacement or going turbo is very hard on a b16

Keep in mind, you won't necessarily need more power to beat him. You have him in the weight department... but yeah, sell the wings and ricer stuff (lol, I'm such a hypocrite...) and you'll have more money to play with.

I'm SO looking forward to selling the civic... I might just do a basic SiR2 swap tho... anyway, drifting off-topic.... :lol:

I'm not into rice usually but I think the car looks tasteful...its just whether or not it has the kind of power I'm looking for.

Basically the cars that I have in mind right now are; 95+ Gti vr6 (2.8L v6...displacement is always nice), a 95+ Camaro z28 or SS, or a 95+ Civic HB w/ either a b16 or a b18c.

I'm just contemplating whether or not I should go through with this deal or wait and see if I can find a hatch with a b18c engine that has no rust and newer paint and is in overall good condition for like $4500. Opinions

Pics of the car I'm thinking about. He wants to trade my sol (I can get about $800-1000 for it if I sell it) + $3700.

http://tinypic.com/21sfn
http://tinypic.com/21sfb
List of mods above.

***Car doesnt have the angel eyes or carbon fiber mirrors anymore****

that hatch is pretty darn clean

:thumbsup:

I dunno, seems a little steep for only an SiR1... maybe if it had an SiR2?

EDIT: I dunno about the market where you're at, but around here you'd be hard fuckin pressed to find a hatch with a B18c with the body in good shape for anything less than 5500 to 6k. Around here, it's hard enough to find a STOCK hatch in good shape...

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 13 2004, 12:32 AM
that hatch is pretty darn clean

:thumbsup:

I dunno, seems a little steep for only an SiR1... maybe if it had an SiR2?

EDIT: I dunno about the market where you're at, but around here you'd be hard fuckin pressed to find a hatch with a B18c with the body in good shape for anything less than 5500 to 6k. Around here, it's hard enough to find a STOCK hatch in good shape...
[post=376226]Quoted post[/post]​

Well obviously figure its like me spending $4500 for a hatch with a sir I (i know i wish it were sir II). So i can either go this way and trade a car and some cash, or sell the car get the cash and go look for the best car that I can get for $4500-5000. The question is rather than dumping another $500 into this car with I/H/E and coilover already, can I find a clean GSR hatch as nice as this hatch thats lowered for $5000? If I can I'll eventually just do I/H/E and be done and happy with the car.

edit - https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36261
Thats my dream honda. If i could have anything near that for 5-6k I would love it

here's another nice car IMO that would i would love to get
https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...md=si&img=16621

Wow, That hatch is nice just get it and drop that mid-wing. Then get a wet n20 kit and go own some jetta.

Originally posted by sk8er602@Aug 13 2004, 12:52 AM
Wow, That hatch is nice just get it and drop that mid-wing. Then get a wet n20 kit and go own some jetta.
[post=376233]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah but a n02 kit is going to run me like $300-500 depending if its dry or wet and then like $50 everytime I use it.

I like the hatch a lot myself and am serious about getting it, I just have expensive taste with a small wallet right now.

I'd do it, man. I doubt you'll be able to find a GSR hatch done right for 5k, at least not when you're looking for it.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 13 2004, 03:37 PM
I'd do it, man. I doubt you'll be able to find a GSR hatch done right for 5k, at least not when you're looking for it.
[post=376503]Quoted post[/post]​

I think I'm going to do it, autotrader.com and cars.com plus the local classifieds didnt come up with ANY swapped cars

I just found a '95 Trans Am w/ 6 speed with 90k on it asking for $3900 on cars.com. Still on the parent's insurance so I get cheaper rates, I dont think they'll like that though.

Hey buddy,

Why are you all bummed out that it's only a SiR 1? It's the same freeking engine as a SiR2. Yes, you get the more agressive cam's, and the 10.4:1 cmp with the 2, blah blah blah....put both engines on a dyno and they will be within 1HP of eachother. The only reason you should be bummed out would be if you had to do the installation yourself on an EG. (Cable to hydro conversions and scary wiring). But since it's already swapped, then dont worry.

I was in the exact same boat as you last year. I ended up buying a 93 DX HB with an already swapped B16A SiRII. The tranny had 2 blown synchro's, had no intake, stock rusty exhaust, but the body was mint, and the engine was perfect. I replaced the exhaust, new AEM shorty from a 99 SiR, fixed up the tranny and now I'm probably around the 150HP mark as well.

To tell you the honest truth, when I was looking for my car, I was trying to get a EG/GSR too. I drove one and then drove the SiR/EG in the same day....to be perfectly honest, I didn't notice much diffrence at all. I actually liked the power curve of the SiR way better. The GSR gives you a little more everyday torque, but in terms of top end.....no biggie there.

IMO, go get the SiR hatch and with just the mods that are on it now, and end that Jetta....he never stood a chance in the first place. I just hope you're a good driver because that makes all the diffrence.

For your HP goals...... Boost is going to cost you wayyy less in the long run if you want to make those numbers.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Aug 17 2004, 12:41 PM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Aug 13 2004, 06:43 AM

If I can I'll eventually just do I/H/E and be done and happy with the car.

Famous last words.
[post=378027]Quoted post[/post]​

LOL I'm no mechanic by any stretch though and can't do shit by myself. I wouldnt even know how to change the oil. I know shit about shit as far as fixing and maintaining things for the most part and wish I knew more.

Its either this hatch, or a gt/trans am/camaro if the insurance isn't to expensive...or if i get lucky and find a fair priced gsr/h22 hatch.

Back