Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B18c

• ZC (dohc)

• D1

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2fastaccord

I am trying to spend as little as possible so if anyone has any of these for sell let me know. Thanks in advance.

Peace*

ZC is the cheapest one
if you have the cash id go for the B18A1
maybe a B16A SiR I if you want to stay NA

For the engine, tranny, ECU, and axles how much would it cost for a ZC? Is that motor street legal in VA? Do you know a good place to get on of those for cheap?

Peace*

$525 + shipping

as long as you have all the proper emissions equipment on it it should be ok

you know every one says b16 or b18c1 and all but i think money wise and reliability wise and versatility wise the ls b18b is the way to go it has nasty pickup and this is in my stock ls integ and you could lata on down the line do a ls vtech and if this thing can roll the way it does stock than this tric will bounce in a rex it has pull like no other ive drivin the new 2000 hatch and coupe civic si and the pull you feel is noting compared to a ls ansd many will tell you that the only thing i felt that was the same that ive been in is b16hatch and i kept up with h22 accord off line stock he had 1/2 a car thats it and he was surprised but he had accord tranny but its still good though i am trying to get one as we speak i got this great web site im talkin to but $600 shipped engine and tranny comp tested and all thats a hella good deal so if you want it email me vnm247@aol.com
:thumbsup:

that was one hell of a run-on sentence you just wrote there when you were telling him how you think he should get an ls motor and i pretty much agree with you i also think he should get either an ls or a zc depending on how much he really wants to spend but i loved my zc

:D

bang for buck?, all depends on how much buck u got:) if u get a ZC, ull want more torque and hp but have a fatter wallet., if u go b16a u will want more torque, if u go b18a ull want more hp, if u go b18c1, u will have the least money, but be the most happiest with the stock power.

Whats up, no love for the SOHC VTEC!!? :)
I just picked up a complete swap for my EG. I paid $350, and it only has 88K! If you have a CRX SI, you can even sell of the tranny, and get a nice clutch. Add some pistons n cams, or a cheap Turbo kit and you will be smokin. No mount kit needed, the wirring isnt too hard, and parts are cheap. I would say the B16 would be more expensive cheap option.
Good luck.
P.S. I just finished an LS/VTEC complete build up for my 91 TEG, and it cost me about $3000, (b16 complete swap + LS block W/ new EVERYTHING, B16 pistons, ARP, CTR cams ITR 4/1 HDR, clutch...) This is without the mount kit you will need. ;)

I'm really not sure which motor is exactly the right motor for YOUR car, but I'll let you know what the b18a is like shortly.

d16z6 all the way super cheap, and after market parts galore. That way you can be happy for a while then step up to something else. Just add a turbo kit to the z6 and you'll run pretty far into the 13's with drag radials.

Originally posted by Integrex-Si@Jun 2 2003, 08:19 PM
you know every one says b16 or b18c1 and all but i think money wise and reliability wise and versatility wise the ls b18b is the way to go it has nasty pickup and this is in my stock ls integ and you could lata on down the line do a ls vtech and if this thing can roll the way it does stock than this tric will bounce in a rex it has pull like no other ive drivin the new 2000 hatch and coupe civic si and the pull you feel is noting compared to a ls ansd many will tell you that the only thing i felt that was the same that ive been in is b16hatch and i kept up with h22 accord off line stock he had 1/2 a car thats it and he was surprised but he had accord tranny but its still good though i am trying to get one as we speak i got this great web site im talkin to but $600 shipped engine and tranny comp tested and all thats a hella good deal so if you want it email me vnm247@aol.com
:thumbsup:

its VTEC genius

I love how people say 94-95 b18b? I don't understand why....It is the exact same pertty much as the b18a just a different obd that won't even work in your car. :rolleyes: I would say yeah, get a b18a swap which will run you around 1500-200 and use a hasport mount kit w/shiftlinkage kit and probably that will run you another 600 and yeah you would probably have way way more then the weak zc but the zc is way way cheaper for the quickest bang for the buck.

just buy a LS block and stick a b16a head on it.a few internals, build it up and boost it. it should be cheaper than a b18c5 and if you tune it right it will better than the b18c.

Back