Best Motor To Boost 94 Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SLOW HB

im wondering what the best motor is to put in my 94 hatch, and turbo it. What motor turbo'd how produce the most hp. i was starting to build an LS/Vtec but once i relized all the shit it took, im just gonna buy a motor and build it for turbo. Any ideas on what the best motor would be?

LS motor, almost built for the turbo. good torque, not to much though, and is capapble of holding alot of HP once built fully. a friend of mine has a teg, turboed and is now about to run 18-22 psi. its fully built so...hope this helps. mayeb even a gsr motor

brett

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jun 4 2003, 08:44 PM
Define best for us?

Milan

most reliable, strongest, boost friendly, long lasting, dependable, most potentinal, etc...

this q is way to vague, i have seen b16's run 10's i have seen 2.2's run 10's also. it all depends. There is no best turbo, there is no best this and best that. What are you trying to do? what kind of money do you have? Is this street car or track car?? Slicks or stree tires? Gutted or non gutted? the list goes on, and on. And yes skunk2 ran their motor almost the entire season without rebuild, so drag NA motors are reliable if going drag and NA.

Milan

h22 will give you the most power but then your car will be nose heavy. if you autoX then go for the ls/vtec, but if you like to drag/street race then go for the h22.

To answer SLOW HB just go with the Ls motor my buddys shop just dyno'd a fully built Ls motor in a del sol at 240hp and 220tq and for SVE0545 a LS/vtec is a LS block with a vtec head normally a B16. The reason people do this is you get all the torque of the LS and get top end power from the vtec B16 head(best of both worlds). :D

LS is a good motor to go with but I would rather go with a GSR, replace the pistons and rods and it could handle a decent amount and make power up to 8k with a shorter gear ratio tranny found in the GSR. I think the LS is good also since they are underrated, many people are now going with them. You gain a little little more tq from the larger displacement. not much but a little more. My buddies hatch made 220hp with 190 tq with only pistons, this little shit ran 12.7 which isn't that bad.

Milan

dood, its all about the LS/T if u have money issues, if not go with what B said and get a GSR and get some low comp pistions, a good LS tranny with LSD.

Back