Best motor to put into a '94 Ls Integra?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by revolution8k+Dec 21 2003, 02:44 AM-->
theB16tegguy
@Dec 21 2003, 02:41 AM
do you really think I care about your respect???/ HAHA :bo: I tell people the way it is. I think if you look at my other threads you'll see. this. Your such a ricer, jumpin on the bandwagon......... Ban!!!! yea I'm cool now. :kick: :asshat:

I hope that's not directed at me, because I am far from a ricer. Now grow up.

no not you

most of the fastest pro hondas out there are still running B series engines
with their virtually unlimited budgets i would have to guess that if the H series was REALLY that much better of a platform then they would all be using them instead

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Dec 21 2003, 02:45 AM
...shhh guys, ESolSi is in the room.

im all for healthy debate .... lets just try to keep it clean and on topic

none of this "yeah well... my dad can beat up your dad!!!! :p " third grade shit :)

all motor class and a low budget....get whichever you want because with low funds you wont be competing for a long time anyway....all-motor is a very expensive class to run in amatuer or pro.......sorry but $$$$ talks in that sport

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 21 2003, 02:48 AM
with their virtually unlimited budgets i would have to guess that if the H series was REALLY that much better of a platform then they would all be using them instead

yes but they are boosted a majority of the time. And the parts list for them are unlimited. for the integra platform I think the H22 is a Very solid choice. plus it's different.

for me... there is a little too much BS involved with an H series swap in a civic / integra chasis

it wont sit right in the engine bay
axles are prone to failure due to the incorrect angle the engine is sitting at
you need to convert over to a cable shift linkage (i hate these with a passion... they just feel like shit... very mushy when compared to a solid linkage)

theres a few other reasons ... but those apply to the effects on handling and seeing that this thread is mostly concerned with drag racing, those reasons are unimportant :)

you need to convert over to a cable shift linkage (i hate these with a passion... they just feel like shit... very mushy when compared to a solid linkage)

:werd:

but as for your swap keep the LS and turbo it, or give me/sell me the LS for cheap.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 21 2003, 07:52 PM

... this can also cause you to lose races for it will be more complicated and diagnosis will be more complex.

he wants to go all-motor. just build up the ls for all motor; most vtec b-series run vtec killer cams anyway.

Originally posted by theB16tegguy@Dec 21 2003, 02:44 AM
and I've probaly been here longere than you. not to diss, just saying.

not to get in the fight but revolution8k has been here longer

Originally posted by civic15.8+Dec 21 2003, 11:54 PM-->
theB16tegguy
@Dec 21 2003, 02:44 AM

Yeah...being here longer means shit. I still know 2% of my own engine let alone all this hybrid shit. I was simply agreeing with E_Sols statement, and realizing that my common sense says that dropping a B series for a B series just seems like it'd be a cheaper/easier swap. :)

Originally posted by theB16tegguy+Dec 21 2003, 06:41 PM-->
@Dec 21 2003, 02:48 AM

yes but they are boosted a majority of the time. And the parts list for them are unlimited. for the integra platform I think the H22 is a Very solid choice. plus it's different.

again with this "different" bullshit. If you wanna be different go put a fuckin Hyundai motor in it. i have to agree with revolution8k on this, in a drag car, weight IS your enemy. A B18C1 can have so much more potential than an H22, i really don't even see why people drop them into integras. I guess its just for braging rights, but a ITR motor has 200hp too and thats only out of a 1.8L instead of a 2.2 so which do YOU think has more potential when put into those terms?

Originally posted by theB16tegguy+Dec 22 2003, 12:23 AM-->
Originally posted by civic15.8@Dec 21 2003, 11:54 PM
theB16tegguy
@Dec 21 2003, 02:44 AM

unless you can go back and see my past names that have changed than I would say you are wrong.

But you do realize that this isn't my only name either, right?

ok, that's cool............... I guess we'll never know! bwah HAHAHA!!!! Unless of course your B and can find out anyway.

I'm on a budget yes but for those that have replied to build the LS motor, I can't do that as for the car has no motor right now. I'm paying $500 for the car, full interior, eight point roll cage, and a custom rear axle. I'll I need is a front bumper, hood and a motor.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 21 2003, 08:15 PM

:werd:

but as for your swap keep the LS and turbo it, or give me/sell me the LS for cheap.

i agree with keeping the LS, its not a bad engine.

edit: opps didnt read... in that case, b18c1

Originally posted by Gen2Teg+Dec 22 2003, 01:03 AM-->
Originally posted by theB16tegguy@Dec 21 2003, 06:41 PM
E_SolSi

again with this "different" bullshit. If you wanna be different go put a fuckin Hyundai motor in it. i have to agree with revolution8k on this, in a drag car, weight IS your enemy. A B18C1 can have so much more potential than an H22, i really don't even see why people drop them into integras. I guess its just for braging rights, but a ITR motor has 200hp too and thats only out of a 1.8L instead of a 2.2 so which do YOU think has more potential when put into those terms?

itr motor is rated like around 175hp and has about 150-160@wheels. the newer jdm itr/ac rsx is rated 200/220hp.

im not trying to diss you guys or anything, but being on a forum longer than someone else doesnt mean you know more. it just means you hang around on the internet more. there can be a newbie on the forum but he can know more than all of us.

Originally posted by K2e2vin+Dec 22 2003, 12:45 AM-->
Originally posted by Gen2Teg@Dec 22 2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by theB16tegguy@Dec 21 2003, 06:41 PM
E_SolSi

itr motor is rated like around 175hp and has about 150-160@wheels. the newer jdm itr/ac rsx is rated 200/220hp.

im not trying to diss you guys or anything, but being on a forum longer than someone else doesnt mean you know more. it just means you hang around on the internet more. there can be a newbie on the forum but he can know more than all of us.

t3h wha? the 98-00 USDM ITR motor was rated at 195 hp. Unless you're talking about the JDM, which was 200 hp. The GSR was rated at 170, the 99-00 Si was rated at 160. Where are you getting the ITR rated at 175 hp??

Back