Best Muffler

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brc80

Just trying to get some thoughts on what you guys think is the best muffler for the money? I have a b16 in my 90 teg (i know i have no bottom end.) I have 2.25 piping all the way back but i have some cheap ass fart can on it, and its loud as fuck. Id like to go back to something that looks stock, or almost stock. Any input you guys have would be great.

Thanks

look into getting a dynomax. ive got one and it sounds real good (superturbo model - looks stock). not farty sounding at all. youre in chino hills right? they are selling them at the pep boys near the 71, off Grand ave. they also offer mandrel-bent piping. :thumbsup: other than that, there is the greddy evo, apexi world sport and thermal R&D. those are the ones i know of that dont sound farty....but they cost a heck of a lot more than a dynomax.

Originally posted by brc80@Aug 11 2003, 05:26 PM
Cool shit. Ill stop by there after work. Do you know how much they are asking for piping?

no. but i hear mandrel is pretty expensive. i think someone said a set of custom bent mandrel exhaust pipes from JC Whitney were like $100+.

BTW, the dynomax is on the quiet side too. so it wont attract cops.

Ill go check out the muffler, i got piping on all ready, i mean its cruch bend but its gives me enough flow for the power im putting out. But i want to tone the noise down.

ok the dynomax should work good then. i paid about $100 for mine. i got it from a place in phillips ranch/pomona called Rio Mufflers. they installed it AND did 2.25" piping on my crx ofr only $120 (including price of the muffler). they are off phillips ranch road, near garey ave., in the auto repair center across from the Mcdonalds. they did a good job too.

Thanks man ill check them out. When you get a chance we need to hang out. Considering we live in the same city.

Originally posted by brc80@Aug 11 2003, 05:42 PM
Thanks man ill check them out. When you get a chance we need to hang out. Considering we live in the same city.

yea. definitely! by the way, that place is on Rio Rancho Rd., not phillips ranch rd. its just off the 71 exit.

Back