Best N Cheap B-series Motor 4 97 Ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmark6

i have a 97 civic ex with a stock motor automatic and the first thing i wanna do is swap the motor to a B-series n i wanna a manual shifting. What is the best and cheap motor i could get for my 97 ex .

dont know too much about converting auto to manual, but for cheap B-series engines the B18B1 and B20B/Z OBD2 engines will probably be your best bet. B)

There is nothing cheap about A. swapping a B series or B.swapping to manual transmission.In and of itself the parts for the conversion (tranny) isn't bad,but the labor and time sucks,and B series that are viable options for that generation start at around $2000 (LS) up to $4500+shipping+install+random replaced parts.

auto to manual conversion is easy 500 in parts and then plus labor..

swap? go from as John said, ~1800 to 6500 for a b16b

autos are generally worth more than manuals.... sell the auto buy a manual with high milage for dirt cheap and go from there

Is there ne Ls Vtec motors from 96 and up because i was thinking of getting a Ls Vtec with a Gs-r head or just the Ls Vtec. I do want a gs-R motor but what would be the best swap for me...help me out here

ls/vtec isn't a motor.. its taking a ls block and mating a vtec head to it. expect to pay ~3-4k EASY to do that. Its not worth it unless you already have a ls block to begin with. Your best bet is a sir2 obd2 or a b16a2 and getting the not so common sir2 auto tranny. (if you dont have the 1k + to do an auto/manual conversion)

Back