Best notebook solution?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dell = SHIT. My friend dj's using his laptop and I've fixed two different ones more times than I can count on my fingers and toes and he's had to straight up throw one away. We both use hp now. I picked two up for 300 bucks. I'm on my hp pavilion ze 1115 right now and never have had a problem (it was also purchased for 130 bucks). Check out ebay if you want a cheap solution.

Oh BTW FUCK INTEL. Sorry for you intel guys but I've been an amd man from day 1.

werd, stay the hell away from dell. they are garbage.

a good place to get ideas from might be Notebook Forums - Laptop Reviews, Notebook Benchmarks and Peer-to-Peer laptop support

Me, I love my HP. 17" widescreen :)
Buy HP Pavilion dv8000z series notebook PCs direct from the HP Home & Home Office Store

make sure you get XP pro too. xp home can't join a domain...

i just priced one out.

price $1,183.99
s.gif
instant savings -$150.00

s.gif
mail-in rebate -$50.00

s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
s.gif
price $983.99

xp pro, turion chip upgrade ML-34 (I have the next one up, the ML-37)
1 gb ram
128 video
80gb hdd
dual layer dvdrw burner drive

I think they jacked prices somewhere.

I can't configure a system that cheaply. Its like $1000 even when I use the ML-34 chip and $1055 when I use the ML-37 chip.

I wish the TV tuner card wasn't so damn much. Is there someplace I could get one for a notebook cheaper? Same deal with the ram...Could I find 512mb ram somewhere for cheaper than $75 and install it myself, because the upgrade from 512mb ram to 1gb costs $75.

The dell is looking like its actually coming out to be cheaper, even with the Intel vs Amd chip.

Except the dell doesn't have as nice of video card.

Dude, just go and buy a Packard Bell. Nuff Said!

I agree with B... My HP Laptop is AMAZING... Mine is Intel HT not AMD though, but the Altec Speakers are AMAZING, and the screen quality is the best i've ever seen.

Bestbuy and now is the time actually. "back to school" They have instant rebates on all notebooks and have had it that way for some time now .. $500 toshiba comes with printer and its a Centrino 512 mb dvd/cdrw may be a dvdrw dont remember 15.4 widescreen... Acer's are kinda cheap atleast the ones ive seen. U cant go wrong with toshiba or hp in my opinion...

Update:

I actually purchased it a few days ago but I went with the ML-34 Amd turion chip in a HP w/ a 17inch widescreen.

80gb harddrive
1gb ram
128mb ATI radeon video
DVD/RW
wireless mouse
wireless router
lexmark printer
kenington backpack.

Got it at circuit city for cheaper than I could have from HP directly. It had instant rebates and mail in rebates that put the computer down very cheap. Bestbuy had the ML-37 chipset in a 15.4 screened HP for $750 after rebates but it wasn't in stock and they didn't have the deal on the printer and all the extras so the wider screen but slower processor cost me ~$100 more.

sweet :) You'll enjoy it.

Slower then I'm used to, but hopefully it all works out.

It has nothing on it right now because I was having problems tapping into my linksys wireless router.

BTW its OS is Windows XP media edition. I might get a tv tuner card later.

i hope your school's network doesn't require you to join a domain.... home and media center can't do that.

Back